• 1 Post By smutt
  • 1 Post By stinkyrat

Thread: Colt SAA 44 spl sighting Ellensburg WA

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

Colt SAA 44 spl sighting Ellensburg WA

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is kosher but considering SAA’s are unobtanium right now.... was driving through Ellensburg WA and in the Kittitas Trading post they had a 7.5” barreled 44spl SAA for sale. Said used but it sure looked like it was in pretty new condition. No idea of age other than it had that fake wood paper box and styrofoam insert of that makes sense. They had it marked $1725

Anyways, just throwing it out there, happy hunting!

Stinkyrat
    saintclair, WVCOLT and Ugly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Closer to you in Enunclaw is Tuttles. He has several SAAs and other old Colts there. I was there yesterday passing through to get back home.

His store is akin to a museum, but there's a reason why old collectible guns pile up there, he sells at high retail. If you want a steal it ain't in his shop.

Funny, I stopped at the pawn shop on the main drag in Ellensburg but never thought to hit up the store you mentioned. No biggie, I wasn't going to drop $1900 (sales tax) for anything short of a S&W Registered Magnum or WWI battle-used 1911 (both of which usually sell for a lot more than $1900!).

Member #
    Liked
    2165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hkcavalier View Post
    Closer to you in Enunclaw is Tuttles. He has several SAAs and other old Colts there. I was there yesterday passing through to get back home.

His store is akin to a museum, but there's a reason why old collectible guns pile up there, he sells at high retail. If you want a steal it ain't in his shop.
    Ralphs shop is probably one of the top ten shops in the country. The reason he has so many fine guns is because he’s in the same business that his father was. Imagine what he has that’s not for sale in his shop. Prices are what they are but you don’t stay in business long if you’re gouging the customer, and Tuttle’s has been and will be around for awhile.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    571 times
    20 or more years ago, Tuttle had an outstanding collection of Winchester 1886, some for sale others not,on display in his shop.

hkcavalier likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    Ralphs shop is probably one of the top ten shops in the country. The reason he has so many fine guns is because he’s in the same business that his father was. Imagine what he has that’s not for sale in his shop. Prices are what they are but you don’t stay in business long if you’re gouging the customer, and Tuttle’s has been and will be around for awhile.
    I hope you didn't think I was disparaging his business. Every store has their own business model. Some price to sell quick and move a lot of guns, but you either have to be on an email list or check often or you'll miss out. Like Pinto's up in Renton. They had a boatload of old S&Ws come in last year, mostly unfired with boxes, and they were all gone in a week as they priced them to move fast. Word was that guys were coming in and buying 3-4 guns at a time. Sadly, I was out of state and didn't get a one.

Tuttle's takes the other approach. I don't consider his prices "gouging" by any means, but they are not low. We even joked about this a couple years back. Something about he would close up for good in a few months if he undercut everyone.

Member #
    Liked
    2165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hkcavalier View Post
    I hope you didn't think I was disparaging his business. Every store has their own business model. Some price to sell quick and move a lot of guns, but you either have to be on an email list or check often or you'll miss out. Like Pinto's up in Renton. They had a boatload of old S&Ws come in last year, mostly unfired with boxes, and they were all gone in a week as they priced them to move fast. Word was that guys were coming in and buying 3-4 guns at a time. Sadly, I was out of state and didn't get a one.

Tuttle's takes the other approach. I don't consider his prices "gouging" by any means, but they are not low. We even joked about this a couple years back. Something about he would close up for good in a few months if he undercut everyone.
    No not at all, I’ve actually been leaning to private sales and C&R purchases just to keep the state out of my pocket.
    hkcavalier likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I’ll have to check out this Tuttles shop you speak of, sounds like a fun one to look at and try not to buy anything 🙂

The Kittitas Trading post is the pawn shop down Main Street as you said, guessing the same one you stopped at. They had a couple colt double actions to but I only took one picture of the 44:

Stinkyrat
    DeaconKC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    It might be the same one. All I remember is a Taurus .22LR with a barrel about a foot long. Curious, but I don't spend my hard earned money on Tauruses.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links