Colt Forum banner

This made me chuckle.........

3K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  birch 
#1 ·
#6 ·
It's a "Take A Shot" auction, so you can make an offer. Frankly there is nothing about it that appeals to me but somebody might submit a more realistic value, whatever that might be. (I wonder if you can submit a negative number - pay me to take it?)

#16 ·
Pity we'll never know who the "Master Engraver" is, so we can ask for a little more "care and time" be put into the engraving. The frame appears to have been thoroughly surfaced, I'm not sure that could be saved, leaving the buyer with salvageable triggerguard, backstrap, and grips.

#22 ·
Too much money. But nothing wrong with fishing. I actually like the gun. Looks good to me. I'd bet it was put together like it is now before any of us here were born. Looks to be a 1909/1936 hammer. Pre 1929 barrel. If it wasn't restamped it is a 1874. BP frame either way. 1880's trigger guard and back strap. Hard for me to doubt the ivory doesn't date from before 1900. Not everyone had the skill to anneal a frame to make the engraving easier. Looks to me to be a turn of the last century ( late 1800s early 1900s) Texas, OK gun.

I like the bullseye ejector :) Gun looks to be in time as well. That tells me it was likely someone's working gun. Actually I like the whole package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.