The Colt Custom Shop currently? The SAA is alive again!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: The Colt Custom Shop currently? The SAA is alive again!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoody View Post
    Turn around time on engraving? Seriously not trying to be a smart aleck here, but it depends on the project. From the over dozen engravers I have worked with over the years the best way I've found to deal with any of them is get a quote in writing for the work you want done. Don't pay anyone anything up front. Then mail off your project and do your time. With John Adams it is always a sure bet and a light sentence. Easy time Sr. or Jr. both do exceptional work but they are different and some prefer one over the other. I have used both and been happy with the results. Easy to send John an email with a photo of a pattern you'd like replicated, tell him what the base gun will be (Rodeos are easy/cheap to engrave compared to a blue and cased Colt) and the finish you'd like (silver/nickel/blue and case?). Likely takes longer to add a final finish to your gun than it does for A&A to engrave it. See what they come up with for you. I don't doubt you'll be thrilled with the end result.

Adams and Adams Engraving email: [email protected] <[email protected]>;
    phone 802-685-0019

They can make a Cimarron look real pretty!

Last edited by Hopalong; 07-01-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2001 times
    Here is my Uberti and it was really expensive.... under $500 ouch.

UBERTI ENGRAVED 1.jpegUBERTI ENGRAVED 2 .jpegUBERTI ENGRAVED 3 .jpeg

Member #
    Liked
    14048 times
    Nice guns...and the deal of the new Century

459459, buffhuntr and Hopalong like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14620 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoody View Post
    Turn around time on engraving? Seriously not trying to be a smart aleck here, but it depends on the project. From the over dozen engravers I have worked with over the years the best way I've found to deal with any of them is get a quote in writing for the work you want done. Don't pay anyone anything up front. Then mail off your project and do your time. With John Adams it is always a sure bet and a light sentence. Easy time Sr. or Jr. both do exceptional work but they are different and some prefer one over the other. I have used both and been happy with the results. Easy to send John an email with a photo of a pattern you'd like replicated, tell him what the base gun will be (Rodeos are easy/cheap to engrave compared to a blue and cased Colt) and the finish you'd like (silver/nickel/blue and case?). Likely takes longer to add a final finish to your gun than it does for A&A to engrave it. See what they come up with for you. I don't doubt you'll be thrilled with the end result.

Adams and Adams Engraving email: [email protected] <[email protected]>;
    phone 802-685-0019

I was ever so subtly asking about yours .. specifically.. when I asked about turnaround time for Rodeos. I was understanding you to say in a previous post that you are sending a Rodeo for engraving, unless I misunderstood.
    Extracting teeth around here !!

Last edited by what would you say; 07-01-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    Capps likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    14048 times
    I was ever so subtly asking about yours .. specifically.
    Whatcha know about turnaround times for Adams engraving of Rodeos?
    As I said...for my own projects I get a price quote. A estimate actually not a hard number so there is wiggle room, as I trust John from our years working together. And then send them the gun or guns. I honestly have no idea what the time frame will be as I never ask. I have asked every engraver I have used in the last 30 years for a time frame and not a single one has ever met their own promised time line. Some missed it by many months...some missed it by years.
    arjay likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14620 times
    A word to the wise for sure.
    Capps likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    482 times
    Why, oh why, didn't I just collect stamps, Coke bottles, or at least a cheaper gun make? I mean does Mossberg have a custom shop? Colt really does its best to alienate everyone who wants to champion the brand. Perhaps the next Colt book should be titled "From Icon To Has Been".
    skwcoltguy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    While at a LGS a Cimarron Texas Ranger caught my eye and upon inspection the fit and finish looked good. What really surprised me was the action on this clone which was exceptional. Not a Colt but perhaps the nicest clone I have seen recently built by Pietta.

Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Mark065 what model is that engraved Uberti? I like it,

Member #
    Liked
    2001 times
    IMG_0360.jpegIMG_0361.jpegIMG_0362.jpegCattleman ....photo engraved then chased, you can find them used on GB just keep looking.

https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/catt...-engraved.html
    Last edited by MARKO65; 07-02-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links