Colorado relics found in mill creek
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Colorado relics found in mill creek

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    JP, I agree with you. I will never understand why ANYONE who has a dug up, seems to think the first thing they need to do is tear it apart. In my opinion, these guys are fools. They just don't get the history behind a rusty dug up. Soaking them in oil, break free, kerosene or any other magic solvent, is the worst thing you can do. Most of the time it doesn't work and you have just destroyed a rare piece of frontier history.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    That is so cool. I hunt about a couple miles from there almost every year. I would love to find something like that while out in the woods, although there is usually snow on the ground that time of year. Very neat relics for sure.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9226 times
    Buck: Neither one of mine were dug-ups, just in poor shape. The 66's wood is shrunk bad but it was all there except for some broken internals. Everything worked, nothing froze up. I took it apart to replace the springs. So maybe it's not a relic in the true sense but that's what it was/is to me because of condition. If I'm a fool for trying to get one of my guns going again so be it.
    'This is King Fisher's Road--Take the other one'

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Oh, if only that revolver (and knife) could talk-----the story it would tell!

Thank you for posting----what a neat piece of history!!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    So I'm thinking this will be neither a shooter or a safe queen. But hey, what do I know?

Member #
    Liked
    430 times
    A touch of Ren wax and that 44 will be good to go.

Neat find.

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Really like great finds like that, awesome collection.

My dad found the Colt SAA in the higher mountains of Arizona, two unfired rounds three empty. Loading gate opens, hammer will move but not lock, trigger will move and also the ejector works. Papered from Colt originally nickel plated and shipped to Santa Fe NM in the mid 1880's. The 73 Winchester was found in Oklahoma while he was looking for his parents final resting place. It dates to 1881 and is 44 WCF, the Colt is 45.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    2051 times
    Is that a 20” barrel on your Winchester rifle? I have a factory 1873 short barrel .44-40 rifle.

Member #
    Liked
    2774 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moparclan View Post
    Really like great finds like that, awesome collection.

My dad found the Colt SAA in the higher mountains of Arizona, two unfired rounds three empty. Loading gate opens, hammer will move but not lock, trigger will move and also the ejector works. Papered from Colt originally nickel plated and shipped to Santa Fe NM in the mid 1880's. The 73 Winchester was found in Oklahoma while he was looking for his parents final resting place. It dates to 1881 and is 44 WCF, the Colt is 45.
    Just as cool and historic as those I have, especially when there are unfired rounds in them. This is the stuff Zane Gray probably looked and and let the stories flow to his pen. Love the 73, that's what my colt needs, or the one found leaning on a tree in NM a few years back.

JP

Member #
    Liked
    8984 times
    This S&W American is from 1870 or 1871. It was found in a wall of a barn being tore down in montana that had once been a stage stop. The barrel was cut back. I traded for it from a friend who said he was given it from a old couple that were members of his church. They were from montana and gave it to him since they knew he liked guns.
    The winchester 1892 was from a reservation in the dakotas. It dates 1902 and is .44-40. It was stolen from my house along with some more guns in 2003.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links