Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hwjhfs

Thread: What Vintage Grips are these?

Member #
    Liked
    299 times

What Vintage Grips are these?

Factory grips? If so what Generation? Thanks
    Last edited by MarshalC; 09-07-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    They look like original 2nd gen grips to me ( but I am not an expert). Funny thing is I just bought a pair that were obvious reproduction and posted the story here on the forum. If you are looking to part with them please let me know as my 2nd gen buntline would look great with the proper grips back n them....

Member #
    Liked
    1892 times
    I think they are reproduction by looking at the screw, screw boss and threaded nut (escutcheons). Other than that they look quality. Would need them in hand to be more accurate. With Colts address on the inside and no eagles they are trying to represent 2nd generation grips. Since 2nd generation grip frames have the serial numbers on their edges the shadows of the numbers are usually left on the grip panels. I see none of that on these grips which with the pencil number means they were fitted to a gun. Again, repro in my opinion.
    Last edited by hwjhfs; 09-09-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    MarshalC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Thanks for the reply, I did have multiple grips out that day and got the screws swapped with another pair. That screw pictured won’t thread into those grips. I found the correct screw that was with them to begin with. I took them to a friend and he told me he believes them to be factory second gen Grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by hwjhfs View Post
    I think they are reproduction by looking at the screw, screw boss and threaded nut (escutcheons). Other than that they look quality. Would need them in hand to be more accurate. With Colts address on the inside and no eagles they are trying to represent 2nd generation grips. Since 2nd generation grip frames have the serial numbers on their edges the shadows of the numbers are usually left on the grip panels. I see none of that on these grips which with the pencil number means they were fitted to a gun. Again, repro in my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    1892 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshalC View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I did have multiple grips out that day and got the screws swapped with another pair. That screw pictured won’t thread into those grips. I found the correct screw that was with them to begin with. I took them to a friend and he told me he believes them to be factory second gen Grips.
    OK, thanks. Glad you found out.

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    MarshalC was kind enough to sell these grips to me at a very reasonable price so I could put them on my 2nd gen buntline. He even offered a money back no questions asked guarantee. I knew before I even finished unwrapping them that they were the real deal Colt article. I could tel by the weight that they were real and not modern knock-offs like I had just bought from Gun Broker. Not only that but they are starting to turn a little brown. Only real colt grips do that. I suspect I can find some black die and fix that sometime.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links