Do you think this gun went for too much?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Do you think this gun went for too much?

Member #
    Liked
    639 times
    The big GB seller out of Texas...blanking on the name at the moment...sold other non-master engraved guns out of that series last summer for much higher prices. Exact same configuration, engraved with two sets of grips, just not master engraved.

Very nice looking guns but other sellers were selling equal guns around the price you paid. I never could figure out why those guys got such high prices. I know there were some comments on a thread on here about it at the time.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    350 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sixguns View Post
    The big GB seller out of Texas...blanking on the name at the moment...sold other non-master engraved guns out of that series last summer for much higher prices. Exact same configuration, engraved with two sets of grips, just not master engraved.

Very nice looking guns but other sellers were selling equal guns around the price you paid. I never could figure out why those guys got such high prices. I know there were some comments on a thread on here about it at the time.
    Thanks for sharing that insight! Thank you everyone who responded actually. You really put my mind at ease and I feel very good about this purchase... my wife on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by sixguns View Post
    I posted before I read the whole story. That gun was listed on GB by another seller for a long while at a MUCH higher price. Maybe last Fall and into the winter.

Since it letters as Kamyk engraved, and hopefully the letter reflects the Brent/CustomShop association, you got it VERY right indeed! Had I been bidding, it would have gone for more...at least a little! Congrats!
    Haha! I made that mistake once before, posting questions about a gun I was interested in/bidding on with a link to the auction. Never again, I'd get a couple more people bidding on it and end up paying a few hundred to a thousand dollars more or not winning the auction.
    Last edited by SDRider; 09-10-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    lounick and Hopalong like this.

Member #
    Liked
    441 times
    It's a beautiful revolver, engraved by one of the best out there . What's not to love , including the price ? This one with ivory is by Kamyk & George Spring just before his retirement. .Sure wish I had yours too..lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SteveR; 09-11-2019 at 03:32 AM.
    ColtsDad likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14945 times
    I think you should contact Brent T. It seems he owned the gun and may provide you with some history.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1437 times
    The pics in the ad are really good. That’s a gorgeous piece. Congrats Julian!

Last edited by sturmgewehr; 09-13-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    Life Member NRA-1974
    Psalm 23 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing—-“
    I had a commission USNR from 71-77 but do not consider myself a Vet
    My Dad and his four brothers USMC,WW2,Korea,Vietnam were Vets
    Email.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    661 times
    You now the grips dont fit the greatest, but if it were mine I'd send THOSE off for the Fleu De Lis checkering

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Looks like a good, fair deal on both sides. You're happy and he probably is, too. Congratulations.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    You will never regret this purchase. Years from now it will still please you every time you look at it, and know it is a special Colt with a great story behind it. I can tell you that the only purchase I regret is the one that I didn't step up for and lost it. An old Winchester 73 in great shape signed by Jimmy Stewart. Still haunts me.
    29aholic likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14512 times
    The old saying generally applies, no matter the price. "You didn't pay too much, you just bought too soon." In the case of -one of a kind Colts- it is usually a case of *buy it now* or never get another chance, as the don't change ownership very often in one's life time.

On this one, signed, master lever, B+ engraving, the price was a steal if you compared it to a current replacement. Mr. Kamyk has been engraving for Colt a long time. And his efforts keep increasing in value.
    lounick, SDRider and chrometank like this.

Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    That is an absolutely beautiful revolver. I can certainly understand why you wanted it - who wouldn't! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links