• 4 Post By Cozmo
  • 1 Post By Vagrouser
  • 1 Post By ArkieVol

Thread: Gunprime in AL

Member #
    Liked
    49 times

Gunprime in AL

Can’t figure out their business model—they have a huge number of SAAs listed on GB. Undoubtedly some decent pistols in the mix but post about 2 pictures and can’t be troubled to write more than a single line of “description” for $5k and up items?

Do I take time out of my day to call the seller for basic details or just buy these on inspection expecting to have to return?

I don’t get it. Can someone clue me in? If I sound frustrated I’m not-just confused. There are a couple pistols that I’d likely make an offer on if more info was readily available...
    Mosby and lounick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2550 times
    I totally understand your frustration. Usually I’ll not give a listing like that a second thought. Most of the stuff I’m interested in isn’t “rare” anyway. Plenty of choices. If it’s something I’m really thinking I may want I will message or call for a better description or pictures. Gotta wonder though what the thought processes are sometimes.

Tom
    WVCOLT, lounick and GCuster like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1513 times
    I was looking at their dual cylinder 45,4/3/4” BCH a few months back,couldn’t get any better description or pics after sending them two emails.( Had money—wanted to spend on SAAs) Got lucky and found one with more info and in the end less money. As case color taste among individuals varies on here,their gun had color more pleasing to me but the difference in their buy now price and what I got mine for on GB was pretty significant. Pete

Last edited by sturmgewehr; 09-14-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Life Member NRA-1974
    Psalm 23 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing—-“
    I had a commission USNR from 71-77 but do not consider myself a Vet
    My Dad and his four brothers USMC,WW2,Korea,Vietnam were Vets
    Email.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3096 times
    I must agree with Mosby. I too pass on those kind of ads. They give me a feeling that the gun might not be worthy of a good strong description or pictures....So they keep in vague. Who knows maybe just to lazy.
    Mosby, superdave269 and lounick like this.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Member #
    Liked
    14625 times
    I bought several SAA guns from them recently. Might have bought a couple more if they had been at all attentive. Who ever is running the place knows what they are doing. I have no doubt in my mind that the descriptions and photos are vague intentionally. On two different guns, one I bought, one I did not, they implied things in the ads that simply were not true. There is a reason the tiny Colt letters can't be read in the GB ads. I called several times and had them actually read me the letters and send me scans I could read. That and their pricing is at the very top of what the guns are selling for. I actually tried to buy two more guns from them but eventually they just didn't seem interested in answering or returning my phone calls. I finally just give up working with them. They lost a $5K sale.

Offers? Even after buying two guns they had available for "buy it now prices" they wouldn't offer any discount on two more. I also found they listed the same guns in various places on the Internet and at different prices. Usually to the tune of $300 to $500 difference depending on the listing placement. One needs to be aware of that little trick before buying one of their guns.
    Last edited by Cozmo; 09-14-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Yeah it’s just weird. They’ve tied up a significant amount of inventory seemingly with little interest in selling. Will look elsewhere
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    I've seen their ads and every gun seems overpriced. I just skip all pf their ads and don't even bother to read them.
    Last edited by ArkieVol; 09-15-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have bought a lot of guns from there website and the service has always been 100% so I don’t know why there service on GB would be any less ?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrouser View Post
    Can’t figure out their business model—they have a huge number of SAAs listed on GB. Undoubtedly some decent pistols in the mix but post about 2 pictures and can’t be troubled to write more than a single line of “description” for $5k and up items?

Do I take time out of my day to call the seller for basic details or just buy these on inspection expecting to have to return?

I don’t get it. Can someone clue me in? If I sound frustrated I’m not-just confused. There are a couple pistols that I’d likely make an offer on if more info was readily available...

GunPrime (Guns International) and Birmingham Pistol(Gun Broker) seem to be the same outfit... If not they have the exact guns for sell at the exact same time. Several of these guns were purchased at the May 3rd-5th Rock Island Auction. Looking at the sell prices at RIA, with the % increase, is where you get the prices. I am not faulting the practice... I am all about buy low sell high (I usually reverse the order on my gun deals!)

Sponsored Links