Texas Gun Collectors Association Club show Friday Oct 18th - Sunday Oct 20th
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Texas Gun Collectors Association Club show Friday Oct 18th - Sunday Oct 20th

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3300 times

Texas Gun Collectors Association Club show Friday Oct 18th - Sunday Oct 20th

I would like to invite all my single action collector friends and collectors of other collectible firearms to the TGCA fall club show that will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel located right off I-35 north of Dallas in Denton, Texas. The show opens at noon on Friday Oct. 18th and closes Sunday Oct 20th afternoon.

I've been a member of the TGCA since 1983 and attended many many shows through the years as a member and as a table holder. I went "all in" about 5 years ago and became a life member.

If you like collectible colts and winchesters and other collectible species of firearms and ammo and leather you won't be dissapointed with this show. We have members scattered all across this country and several international members who attend. The officers of the TGCA have strived to maintain a quality show in a quality venue with quality collectible firearms.

Traveling to the "t-shirt" shows is something I quit several years ago. I tend to find what I need for my collection by attending a quality show like this one and shows as good as this one are rapidly becoming a rare commodity.

I'm being told that a few tables are available for the upcoming show and that tables are sold to members only. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Whether you can attend the shows or not, the quality club magazine that is printed several times a year is worth the price of membership all by itself!

If you would like to check into club membership here is a member application that you can view and print online.

http://www.tgca.org/annual.html

Here is a link to show information and table application also.

http://www.tgca.org/fall.html

We have several TGCA members on this forum and it would be great to meet other like minded collectors at the show. I would encourage anyone who is looking for a quality show with quality dealers to make plans now to attend this fall's show.

Edited to add that the TGCA will provide free door admission to Colt Forum Members and Colt Collector Association Members.

Jim
    Last edited by coltsixguns; 09-17-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    Always interested in adding nice, original or interesting pre 1940 single actions to my private collection. Contact me via PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    855 times
    Not sure whether an Amen or "I'll second that" is in order but coltsixguns is spot on! I've been a member, and have been making the trip to the Fall and Spring TGCA Shows now for several years, and will agree with his statement that "you won't be dissapointed with this show'. If you want jerky, jam or cotton candy you'll need to bring your own! As a collector I have bought, sold and traded everything from no finish guns to some of the nicest conditioned, and most desirable "ship to" western locations.
    saintclair and Rambler1 like this.
    sumthin_nu

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3300 times
    To tell you about the quality of the colt single actions that show up at the TGCA shows I remember back around 1984 or so I went to the spring TGCA show and was walking through looking at all the goodies and a friend asked me "did you see that buntline?" I had seen a buntline laying on a table but it was so nice in condition that I had assumed it was a 2nd gen or a replica.....come to find out it was the finest original buntline known to man....had to go back and look that one over again.
    yxrancher likes this.
    Always interested in adding nice, original or interesting pre 1940 single actions to my private collection. Contact me via PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14705 times
    I know admission isn't much but how do forum members get in free? Buddy and I are thinking about flying in for the show and some decent BBQ
    yxrancher and sumthin_nu like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3300 times
    Tell the person at the door that you are a colt forum member and give them your forum member name and you are in like Flynn. I'm guessing it's a 45 minute drive from DFW airport to the Embassy Suites. The hotel is about 2 years old now I believe. The rooms are great if you decide to stay there. The ballrooms where the show is held are roomy and well lit. It's a very nice venue.
    yxrancher, sumthin_nu and Cozmo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo View Post
    I know admission isn't much but how do forum members get in free? Buddy and I are thinking about flying in for the show and some decent BBQ
    Went to the spring show in Waco. All I told them was I a member of the forum and me and my GF both got in free.
    sumthin_nu and Cozmo like this.
    Amat Victoria Curam

Never buy a gun you'll have to make excuses for later

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    855 times
    Cozmo - you've got it made! Free Admission, and you know there is some good BBQ around!! A sampling or two of smoked brisket is a staple of every trip I make back home!

If you take the time to join and take advantage of the "Show rate" at the hotel, you'll get free Embassy Suites hot breakfast every day, and tickets to pre-dinner snacks and the typical Embassy Happy Hour
    Cozmo likes this.
    sumthin_nu

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Cosmo - hope you can make it! No doubt it will fit your pistol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sumthin_nu likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3300 times
    The TGCA show will be a good one for anyone who collects or even just likes to view collectible weapons of every era. I've seen everything from Wallkers to Colt Government models and everything in between there when it comes to colts and then you have a great selection of Winchester rifles from the Henry to the model 12. There are even guys who collect and sell Remingtons and Merwin and Hulberts there.
    yxrancher likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I will definetly be there. I have never been to such a show and am excited to check it out. Plus I live in Denton which helps alot. Would like to meet some of my fellow forum people and possibly make a deal on something.
    yxrancher and sumthin_nu like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links