Texas brand engraved SAA?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Texas brand engraved SAA?

Member #
    Liked
    60 times

Texas brand engraved SAA?

Hi, anyone here have one or know of one for sale? Did these come out of the factory custom shop? I’d like to find one
    victorio1sw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10029 times
    Colt wasn't the only one engraving those - they're still being done today, and are available.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I should add that while I’d like to find one this isn’t just a wtb. I’m interested in hearing more about them, seeing any pics from members, etc. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    766 times
    The originator was a man named Cole Agee. His apprentice, Weldon Bledsoe continued the tradition and other still do it today. I had one done by Michael Gouse in Montana a few years ago but I got Oklahoma brands.
    victorio1sw likes this.
    "You shot him in the back!!" "His back was too me." Van Leek

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22397 times
    My Cattlebrand Bisley.

Member #
    Liked
    278 times
    Here are a couple of mine. The USFA was a Rodeo I had engraved with our three brands and 4 others from neighboring Texas ranches (well one is New Mexico). Then nutmeg did an antique nickel finish. The Colt has a few different more well known Texas brands then was silver plated. Sorry both dirty from being shot recently and not cleaned.

Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    Here's mine done by Phil Quigley a forum member here. It not only has Texas brands but my brands from Idaho and Colorado.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In sun and shade, be sure by your friends. Never swing a mean loop. Never do dirt to man nor animal" The Cowboy Code.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Everyone thanks for posting pictures and background. I’m not from a ranching family, in fact I’m a Virginian who married a girl from the Texas panhandle but always appreciated the history and artistry of brands. I’ve become friends with several big ranching families here and hunted quail on a few of the big area ranches (XL, JA, etc). I don’t think I’d go to the trouble to commission such an engraved pistol but I’d certainly consider buying one.
    Is this a “standard” pattern from the Colt CS? Trying to get a sense of how many might be floating around. If I buy one I would be looking for one out of the CS (in no way knocking the many fantastic independent engravers (and have such guns myself)) but I’d want a factory pedigree for one of these...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22397 times
    I don't recall ever seeing a Cattlebrand engraved SAA out of the Colt Custom Shop.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Hmmm. That’s good to know that it isn’t a CS pattern. I’m friendly with a world-class engraver but as I said it isn’t anything that I would commission. I’ll have to watch the secondary market. Love to find one of the “originals” referenced above but guessing they are very rare. Any realized prices for these recently?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links