Hank William SA
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Hank William SA

Member #
    Liked
    664 times
    Quote Originally Posted by victorio1sw View Post
    Some celebs are Rats, too. Tommy Rholes once told me about getting a phone call from a singer/entertainer (I won't give his name here). He wanted to buy a very nice 38-40 Colt SAA. Rholes sent him a 90% 38-40 x 4-3/4". Two weeks later it came back, with no explanation. The buyer was then called, and it was revealed that someone had given the buyer several boxes of 38-40 ammo. All he wanted the Colt for, was to shoot all of these rounds. Needless to say, he was blacklisted as a future buyer!
    At least he was into guns
    victorio1sw likes this.

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    8020 times
    One questions is.....WHICH Hank Williams.

If was owned by the original Hank Williams it would probably have a good bit of extra value.
    Rick Bowles likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10165 times
    It's stated 'Hank Williams JR' in the first post

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Stinson View Post
    Hank has owned hundreds, if not thousands of Colts, Winchesters and other antique firearms. For a fan, it might be cool to say the gun was owned by Hank, but as for adding much additional value, I think only the buyer could make that call.
    HW2 is also a big Ruger fan (ain't that right Rod?) I'd rather have a gun his daddy owned. Kinda like buying a gun that was owned by Donald Trump or one owned by Don Jr.
    Ugly likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    9200 times
    I once owned this colt NF serial #5355 NF that Audie Murphy bought new. When I bought it I didn't know its history. Later I bought George Gartons book "Post War Colt Saa`s. The mate to it was featured in his book. Audie had bought a consecutively numbered pair and willed them to his two sons. Garton owned the one featured and confirmed to me mine was the missing one. He said he got Murphys son to sign a notorized document saying his was one of a consecitivly matched pair and told me mine was the missing one. He said "I thought the other one would turn up if I featured mine. I had got Gartons phone # from the publisher. I then got a colt letter confirming both were sent to Wolfram Leather co. in Monrovia Ca. together in 1965. Garton bought his from one son and I bought mine from a pawn shop. Evidently that son just took his to the nearest pawn shop and didnt bother to tell them just who his father was. I bought it about 1972 for the going then fair price of $250`s! The bad news is I sorta lost mine and many more in a divorce. I have wrote about this before and had asked what that would add but no one would guess. Any estimates? Maybe I dont really want to know. Probably make me mad all over again. Garton wanted to buy mine but I wasnt about to sell it. No price offer was made. I had shot it a little but then made it a safe queen. (It still looked new). I have a hunch who my ex sold it too but he denied it. My ex denied taking my guns but only she and I had a combo to my safe. She used to run tables at gun shows when I couldn't go. I bought the gun and most of the missing guns long before we met and married. There was nothing I could do about it at the time'. She had run off with another married man. She denied taking my guns and like the detective told me, you and I both know she took them but if I arrest someone with them he will own both my house and yours. My divorice wasnt final at the time and as far as the courts were concerened they were hers too. I refused to settle the divorice until she signed a document in the settlement that if the guns were found they were mine. She sure didnt want to do that but had to. That was in 1986 and none of those guns have ever shown up. I lost about 8 fine old western type revolvers. A colt lighting, a 1878, a s&w .44 break top, a remington derringer, a 1906 SAA, a Luger I had inherited from a war hero uncle. I have a list and pictures of them.
    Last edited by feralmerril; 10-01-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    victorio1sw and Ugly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    490 times
    If it's a Colt archives letter and the gun is a 1912, it can't be Hank Williams JR. The OP is not clear on the details of the "letter"
    "In sun and shade, be sure by your friends. Never swing a mean loop. Never do dirt to man nor animal" The Cowboy Code.

Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    My friend told me the letter was addressed to HW JR and the way I understood him the letter was a Colt letter and not on one of HW JR’s letter heads. I only saw the Colt and it is in great condition being a 1912.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1123 times
    Years ago when Ray Miebaum was alive I was at his house picking up a gun. There were 3 nice Colt SAA's layed out for shipment. One was a real nice gun with ivory grips that caught my attention. When I asked about them Ray said they were going to Hank Williams Jr. And he would probably get them back. He said that Hank would shoot them and if they were not good shooters he would send them back.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I’m curious now, I want to know who the singer/entertainer was?

Member #
    Liked
    348 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF21 View Post
    I’m curious now, I want to know who the singer/entertainer was?
    Let's see...."Rats"...capital letter.....singer/entertainer combo description....perhaps we are getting clues that the
    desert outside Las Vegas may have been where the box of shells were spent...the mystery remains to be solved.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links