Any recommendations on 1st gen service?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Any recommendations on 1st gen service?

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkInTx View Post
    Jim Martin worked on one of my 1st Gen SAA's. He covers all the bases...knowledgeable, quick and excellent work. I would say the gun is better than when it left the factory.
    The phone conversations are the best part!
    Yes, the phone call was amazing and I learned alot. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help out 'newbies'
    superdave269 and MarkInTx like this.

Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Glad to hear that you spoke to him. I posted that I heard on "Lawman" they used his name. I had hoped he would comment on my post. Once he didn't I got a little concerned. I love talking to him on the phone. I learn something every time plus he keeps me laughing ..

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    710 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen1916saa View Post
    UPDATE: I spoke with Jim this morning,what a remarkable man, it was an awesome and enlightening conversation. Before I knew it we had been talking for two hours. I am sending him my SAA for service, and am very excited to have him work on it. Thank you for putting me together with him.
    That's the Jim we're used too - two hours of learning, laughing and being thankful for gents like him. It's almost to the point I want to buy another worn out gun, just to start another conversation and then send it in to him.
    jringo8769 and colt03 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave269 View Post
    Glad to hear that you spoke to him. I posted that I heard on "Lawman" they used his name. I had hoped he would comment on my post. Once he didn't I got a little concerned. I love talking to him on the phone. I learn something every time plus he keeps me laughing ..
    He sounded good, and I got the impression he really loves his work. Plus you gotta love a guy who answers his own phone
    Cozmo and Kerz like this.

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by inspcalahan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen1916saa View Post
    UPDATE: I spoke with Jim this morning,what a remarkable man, it was an awesome and enlightening conversation. Before I knew it we had been talking for two hours. I am sending him my SAA for service, and am very excited to have him work on it. Thank you for putting me together with him.

That's the Jim we're used too - two hours of learning, laughing and being thankful for gents like him. It's almost to the point I want to buy another worn out gun, just to start another conversation and then send it in to him.
    I really appreciated how honest he was with me, I am going to send him my brand new p1850 for an action job after I get my 1st gen back. Looking foward to talking with him some more.

Member #
    Liked
    5862 times
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave269 View Post
    I apologize for not commenting,I've had a lot going on & haven't been on here as often as I usually am & then forgot the posting,I never worked a "Lawman" show but I did work a charity fund raiser for the indian tribal council w/John Russell in that same time period for about 3 hrs & then we had lunch together,his wife was w/him that day & the other people @ our table were Bob Cummings & his wife, Rodd Redwing,Jock Mahoney & Jay Silverheels.The only reason my name could have been used in the show would've been if Rodd or Charlie Aldridge had written the script,back then they did do some name dropping quite often.Later on Charlie wrote an old west novel that had a gunsmith that worked on mysterious gunfighters guns & used my name for the character.
    Ugly, superdave269, Kerz and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1891 times
    Jim brought back my 1890 SAA from a basket case, works like it is brand new. Top notch gunsmith, great guy to talk with.
    You won't be disappointed.
    I even had him stamp his initials into the grip frame, just so I could brag as to who did it.
    dallascowboy and MarkInTx like this.

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmi View Post
    Jim brought back my 1890 SAA from a basket case, works like it is brand new. Top notch gunsmith, great guy to talk with.
    You won't be disappointed.
    I even had him stamp his initials into the grip frame, just so I could brag as to who did it.
    You know thats a great idea. Im gonna ask him to " sign " mine too.
    Ugly likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmi View Post
    Durn...wish I'd thought of that!
    May have to send him my FSS for a little of his magic touch.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    1750 times
    I have an average Colt artillery US .45, I'm sure the action is not as smooth as it should be and I would like to send it to one of these experts to make it right. I will never shoot it, but I would still like the action [only] to be as correct as possible. I do have a Kopec letter on it and was wondering if anything was fixed or replaced to make the action right, how would this effect the Kopec letter and value of the gun now that it would not be the same as the gun when inspected by Mr. Kopec ? would it be worth it to have it fixed ? or just leave it alone and leave it like the Kopec letter say's it is ? I bought the Colt for $3000 a few years ago. any comments ? Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links