Like Tree115Likes

Thread: New to me, 2004 Nickel 45 SAA

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1368 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
    Well that ought to scratch it up good and proper! Just out of curiosity, why would you need a pristeen gun when a used SAA would serve the same purpose and save several hundred dollars.
    Every gun ever made was "pristine" when it left the factory.

How many folks buy new Corvettes or Harleys to only park them in the garage?

Choot 'em.

Member #
    Liked
    656 times
    Nickel really shines (is that a pun?) when shooting black powder in your SAA. Easier clean after the shooting - and easier to verify that you got all the black stuff out of the books and crannies. I think I just talked myself into some black powder shooting today!
    Gator89, Prowbar, MikenAZ and 4 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15594 times
    For some reason, it was not too uncommon to find nickeled SAA’s in pairs back when there WERE SAA’s readily traded and availability in local gun shops. (Maybe because they didn’t used to cost $2K+ each not all that long ago!!! )

In the mid 2000’s, I thought nickeled SAA’s grew in pairs.

45’s .. the long and the short of it.

ColtsDad, Kerz, JTom and 14 others like this.
    🔫 WWYS

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
    Well that ought to scratch it up good and proper! Just out of curiosity, why would you need a pristeen gun when a used SAA would serve the same purpose and save several hundred dollars.
    Hi Rick, I want to shoot and enjoy it. I have a hard time just looking at one and not using it as it was designed and made for.

Best
    Mike
    -Mike

“I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Congratulations!

Nickle Colt SAA with the black eagle grips = best looking shooter in the universe imo!

& Kudos for avoiding the "I'll squirrel this away until I go south- and then Julio can shoot it"- syndrome

Agreed and I shared a pic in my original post this morning. Bob James will have the honors of giving it a action job and Joe Perkins the grips. I will have a set in Ebony with the gunfighter profile made for it.
    Ugly likes this.
    -Mike

“I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    15439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikenAZ View Post
    Hi Rick, I want to shoot and enjoy it. I have a hard time just looking at one and not using it as it was designed and made for.

Best
    Mike
    Mike, please don't get me wrong. Of course it's yours to do with as you wish and guns were made to be shot. My (poorly made) point was that nickel scratches easily going in and out of a holster. It's harder than blue but it really shows the scratches. And, I'm a huge fan of nickel.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2487 times
    The first time i took my un-fired nickeled 2nd gen colt saa to the range nickel flew off the cylinder. I had the cylinder re-platted at Nutmeg Sports and got Giraffe Bone grips.DSCN0810.JPGDSCN0811.JPG the pic with the box has the pearlite grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gator89, MikenAZ, WVCOLT and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14949 times
    Gator89, MikenAZ, WVCOLT and 4 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    I understand Rick, no offence taken, you're correct nickel will become scratched. I'm good with it and will cherish it more with its love blemishes.
    -Mike

Member #
    Liked
    15439 times
    I collect guitars and there's a saying, "the first ding is a tragedy, the next is character".

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links