A pearl handled .44
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: A pearl handled .44

Member #
    Liked
    12494 times

A pearl handled .44

I had this one out laying on my holster makin' work bench and it looked so photogenic I thought it deserved a picture. It's a 1992 .44-40 bought on this forum that only came with this .44 Special cylinder but pictured here with .44-40 rounds. I bought those grips in a gun shop about ten years ago with the eighty bucks I had just gotten for turning in a couple years worth of beer cans I had piled up.

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Non-factor grips, wrong cylinder, 3rd Gen. Lot going wrong with that revolver. Glad to take it off your hands! Love .44 Special and .44/40. Don't have one with pearls. Old towel makes a great backdrop.
    Wyatt Burp likes this.
    Don Spires

Patron Life NRA
    NMLRA CLA
    Tennessee Longhunters

Member #
    Liked
    12494 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhunter View Post
    Non-factor grips, wrong cylinder, 3rd Gen. Lot going wrong with that revolver. Glad to take it off your hands! Love .44 Special and .44/40. Don't have one with pearls. Old towel makes a great backdrop.
    I have a nickel 2nd generation cylinder in .44 special I had rebored from .38 to "convertible-ize" my Centennial .44-40. That cylinder works perfect in this 3rd generation gun and looks really nice in it. If you liked those 1982 blued .44 specials with nickel cylinders like I do. I guess just a fluke where the rachets are compatible with a particular hand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Burp,
    I have a 1979 4 3/4” nickel in .44 Spec. And a Centennial .44 WCF which was issued in nickel. Some old Smiths in nickel now that I think on it. One Ace in nickel. Need to go through and jog my memory. I have a 1978 SAA 7.5” marked 44 WCF (unfluted) with a .44 Spec cylinder I bought 20 years ago NIB. Didn’t stay that way.
    Don Spires

Patron Life NRA
    NMLRA CLA
    Tennessee Longhunters

Member #
    Liked
    12494 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhunter View Post
    Burp,
    I have a 1979 4 3/4” nickel in .44 Spec. And a Centennial .44 WCF which was issued in nickel. Some old Smiths in nickel now that I think on it. One Ace in nickel. Need to go through and jog my memory. I have a 1978 SAA 7.5” marked 44 WCF (unfluted) with a .44 Spec cylinder I bought 20 years ago NIB. Didn’t stay that way.
    With only over 2,000 nickel Centennial .44-40s made, eventually a couple of us here are going to have guns consecutive to each other. Here's mine, #1917PC with the spare cylinder that fits perfectly.

Last edited by Wyatt Burp; 10-13-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    My pair is in the 290 range. Have the cases for both (taking up room). Same serial except for the letters pre/suf for the .45 and .44 WCF. Great 2rd Gens.
    dallascowboy likes this.
    Don Spires

Patron Life NRA
    NMLRA CLA
    Tennessee Longhunters

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt Burp View Post
    I had this one out laying on my holster makin' work bench and it looked so photogenic I thought it deserved a picture. It's a 1992 .44-40 bought on this forum that only came with this .44 Special cylinder but pictured here with .44-40 rounds. I bought those grips in a gun shop about ten years ago with the eighty bucks I had just gotten for turning in a couple years worth of beer cans I had piled up.

The pearl grips are a great look and the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yxrancher and SHOOTER13 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    514 times
    I have S/N # 1558PC with the case and # 317MPC only that gun. I used both for more then 10 years in CAS with smokeless (CAS loads) and full house BP loads, no idea how many rounds are through them.
    Both guns show only very little flaking on the cylinder face and of course some holster wear mainly at the muzzle. After all these years of use they have only a very light drag line on the cylinders. I had to do one repair during the CAS use, one bolt spring had to be replaced. Both pistols are used "out of the box" without any tuning.

Happy Trails
    Kid O'Folliard
    SASS life # 55314
    BDS Western # 625

Member #
    Liked
    12494 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dallascowboy View Post
    I have S/N # 1558PC with the case and # 317MPC only that gun. I used both for more then 10 years in CAS with smokeless (CAS loads) and full house BP loads, no idea how many rounds are through them.
    Both guns show only very little flaking on the cylinder face and of course some holster wear mainly at the muzzle. After all these years of use they have only a very light drag line on the cylinders. I had to do one repair during the CAS use, one bolt spring had to be replaced. Both pistols are used "out of the box" without any tuning.

Great to see yours have been shot a lot. My wife bought my Centennial for me about twelve years ago. It was $1200 OTD and was the same gun shop where I bought those pearl grips. I was thrilled when the owner told me with sadness that it HAD been fired. Now it was guilt free shootin' for me. I consider the Centennials the best post war SAAs made. That probably includes the .45, too, which I've never owned.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    514 times
    I also have a .45 Peacemaker Centennial in unfired condition. Bought it not long ago with ivory stocks, unfortunatelly the original stocks didn't come with it. The case I found on ebay but still missing the commemorative plaque.

Happy Trails
    Kid O'Folliard
    SASS life # 55314
    BDS Western # 625

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links