1875 what are your thoughts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1875 what are your thoughts

Member #
    Liked
    1833 times
    In western Michigan at the 1750.00 tag price it wouldn't lay on the table very long.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    In western Michigan at the 1750.00 tag price it wouldn't lay on the table very long.
    the price tag was from a long time ago, when the old gentleman who has passed bought the gun. I have no idea what he actually paid for it ,

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1704 times
    From the pictures and additional information I can’t comment on the condition or originality past what mrcvs said. Of the early SSAs (until approx. an 22000) only about 5200 were civilian guns, including promotionals and other factory give aways and the British and other foreign deliveries. Of the US sold guns many have not survived.

So while not rare, the early civilians in more ore less original condition are not every day opportunities at reasonable prices, which I think are the potential values stated here..

That said, I think at least one early civilian SSA in every collection is a worthy goal. If this gun checks out except for the grips and a period shortened original barrel, I think any collector of moderate means should be proud to have it in their collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links