Do original long flutes bring a premium?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Do original long flutes bring a premium?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Glad a member got it. You beat me to the fact that only 60 some LFs were .41. Now I'm predjudiced as I have a .41 LF but I think you did extremely well at 2250.00. Not sure the other bidders realized the scarcity.
    Thanks Rick. I think it's hard to go wrong with a long flute in general and I just much prefer the looks of them myself. I think I read that something like 80% were .45 and of the 3 I own now, 2 are 38-40 and now this 41.
    Rick likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1450 times
    As soon as I had the action fixed on that specimen, I would be out shooting it; so are you going to shoot it?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smkummer View Post
    As soon as I had the action fixed on that specimen, I would be out shooting it; so are you going to shoot it?
    That's the plan. It for sure isn't a safe queen and I never shot a .41 before (and I happen to have a box of it laying around) so I'd love to give it a whirl and see what it feels like. I've been watching Hickok45 videos lately and I have an itch to get back to the range with some vintage SAAs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3378 times
    That was a pretty reasonable price. I sold a 45 x 4-3/4" the other day with stags to a dealer at a show for $2800. It was a patina gun with a little blue in the flutes and along the ejector housing.
    Rick likes this.
    Always interested in adding nice, original or interesting pre 1940 single actions to my private collection. Contact me via PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsixguns View Post
    That was a pretty reasonable price. I sold a 45 x 4-3/4" the other day with stags to a dealer at a show for $2800. It was a patina gun with a little blue in the flutes and along the ejector housing.
    Nice!

Member #
    Liked
    1916 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsixguns View Post
    Jim, was it a long flute?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hwjhfs View Post
    Jim, was it a long flute?
    Yes sir. 331034
    hwjhfs likes this.
    Always interested in adding nice, original or interesting pre 1940 single actions to my private collection. Contact me via PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1916 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Glad a member got it. You beat me to the fact that only 60 some LFs were .41. Now I'm predjudiced as I have a .41 LF but I think you did extremely well at 2250.00. Not sure the other bidders realized the scarcity.
    Rick, I don't remember the caliber but a friend has a long flute Bisley. How rare is that? How about .38-40 rarity in SAA? Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22995 times
    I would have bid much higher for that LF if I had seen it! You got a good deal. I am sure it will be an simple fix for Jim.
    Let me know if anyone sees another LF for sale.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saintclair View Post
    I would have bid much higher for that LF if I had seen it! You got a good deal. I am sure it will be an simple fix for Jim.
    Let me know if anyone sees another LF for sale.
    Thanks! Honestly I was hoping it would fly under the radar a bit more than it did since the guy didn't list it as a long flute anywhere in the auction. The last one I got (in the stags thread here) was a similar deal...not listed as long flute and I was able to pick it up for about $1800. It hardly has any finish left but nice sharp lines, nice roll marks, no pitting, etc. I remember we were evacuating from hurricane Irma at the time and I had to do that auction on the road from my cell phone somewhere in the sticks in Florida.
    Hopalong likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links