• 1 Post By SHOOTER13

Thread: -Colt SAA # 2-

Member #
    Liked
    3144 times

-Colt SAA # 2-

Was surfing the web stumbled on Colt Single Action Army # 2

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-army-revolver

" Manufactured in 1873 as the second production Colt SAA revolver to come off the factory line, serial number 2 has the rare and extremely desirable "pinched frame" rear sight found only on civilian Single Action Army revolvers below serial number 200 and government test model revolvers. The single digit serial number is stamped on the frame, trigger guard, back strap, cylinder, and barrel. The top of the period shortened barrel has the correct italic one-line Hartford address. The left side of the frame has the two-line, two patent dates marking. The ejector rod has the early "bullseye" head. The loading gate correctly lacks an assembly number. The revolver has a nickel finish and is fitted with a grip featuring a relief carved steer head and a "No 2" inscribed silver oval inlay on the right side. The steer head has jeweled eyes and silver horns. The accompanying factory lists this revolver in .45 caliber, blue finish, and barrel length and type of stocks not listed when shipped to Wexell & Degress (address not given but Wexell & Degress had dealer locations in New York City, New York and Mexico City, Mexico) on October 1, 1877 as part of a 30 gun shipment. The revolver is pictured in R.L. Wilson's "The Book of Colt Firearms" on page 238 and was once part of the famed Robert Sutherland collection."

Nice looking interesting Model P with serial number two- thought some might like to see it and read about it can't post up photos of it for some reason follow the link to take a look if you like,

Can't post up photos for some reason- Colt Forum seems to be going Halloween spooky- a bit early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=VwyV6M-u2xE

Above is a video on the gun, the narrator is quite the salesman.
    Last edited by Ugly; 10-27-2019 at 03:44 AM.
    Gator89, ColtsDad, LEO918 and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1870 times
    I enjoyed and learned a little . I am awaiting my Centennial US model - so saw a couple interesting things.

I happen to have serial number 2 CSRG , which is probably Colt’s best 1911 ever ..... so yeah , had to watch .

i think the speaker was very good - passionate and knowledgeable. As the RIA President, yeah nice !
    thought his black attire with matching gloves was cool too - Thanks for link Ugly .
    Fortibus55, Ugly and SHOOTER13 like this.
    COLT TO THE CORE

Member #
    Liked
    12543 times
    Those are as cool grips as I've ever seen on a Colt.

SHOOTER13, Ugly and Fortibus55 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2332 times
    Nice. Now all I have to do is re-mortgage the house, sell all three cars, sell a couple of the less than desirable grandkids and I'm all set to go on-line and bid.
    Rick, SHOOTER13, Ugly and 3 others like this.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Member #
    Liked
    11388 times
    Thanks for sharing Ugly...!!

I've actually gone to the RIA YouTube site and viewed most of their videos of past auctions...

It's incredible the amount of collectors out there that release volumes of pristine historical

pieces amongst themselves...as seen by the descriptions of named collections from which they originate...

with a few of them trickling down to the average John Q. Public admirer.

Ugly likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Fun to look and dream!

Member #
    Liked
    539 times
    Really cool to look down and see a single digit serial number staring back.

I saw serial # 6 Colt 22 pump rifle at a gunshow several years ago. Or was it # 9 ?

charlie

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    I remember holding Schofield #8 at an OGCA show around 10 years ago.

Sponsored Links