Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Value?

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

Value?

hello all
    i know you canít put a value sight unseen, but have a question. I saw an auction gun thatís very likeable to me. Itís a Texas Sesquicentennial Commemorative Sherrif model 4Ē with ivory grips. However it has Colt letter verifying it as a prototype for that series. No original box, has been fired, serial number 001 ProtoTx. Iím figuring itís just a shooter since itís been fired and no box. But documenting paperwork adds value too? Sorry no picture.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/840825323
    Last edited by Randyw; 11-01-2019 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Add website

Member #
    Liked
    2510 times
    It’s still a commemorative so it will always be worth less than a standard SAA.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1198 times
    The Texas Sesquicentennial is not hard to find. Taking a quick look I found two at Collectors Firearms and a couple more on Guns International. In un-turned condition With case and all the rest of it's original goodies they can be had for 22-25 hundred bucks. Do not know what, "If it is a true prototype" would add to value.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I added the gunbroker auction so the pictures and documentation can be viewed.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23073 times
    It is hard to price a prototype Colt like this one, but I would guess it may be worth in the $3500 range. Some Texan may really want it and if two Texans start bidding against each other for the gun, who knows how much it will sell for. Beautiful ivories on it!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    816 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saintclair View Post
    It is hard to price a prototype Colt like this one, but I would guess it may be worth in the $3500 range. Some Texan may really want it and if two Texans start bidding against each other for the gun, who knows how much it will sell for. Beautiful ivories on it!!
    Agreed - normally a commemorative isn't worth much in the way of being special but, this one being from Texas, with unique serial/papers/dates of movement etc will make a couple Texan's duke it out if it gets their attention.
    saintclair and lounick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Can y’all tell me how Gunbroker works? I see it is no minimum bid or no reserve. I see current bid and days left. What I’m wondering is if you place a bid can you then see the other bids? It sends you a message saying your bid is or is not the highest bid but does it send you a message if someone bids higher than yours? Or do you just wait and see if your bid wins with no knowledge of other bids.

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Randyw View Post
    Can yíall tell me how Gunbroker works? I see it is no minimum bid or no reserve. I see current bid and days left. What Iím wondering is if you place a bid can you then see the other bids? It sends you a message saying your bid is or is not the highest bid but does it send you a message if someone bids higher than yours? Or do you just wait and see if your bid wins with no knowledge of other bids.
    It's like eBay. You will know instantly if you're the highest bidder at that moment and the bid amount will go to just above the next highest bidder. If someone outbids you, you will be notified so you can bid again if so desired. What GB does that eBay doesn't is have a 10-15 minute rule. The end of the auction can be extended if someone tries to snipe the auction, which means waiting until the last few seconds to swoop in and bid before anyone can react. If a bid is received in the last few minutes the auction is extended by 10-15 minutes to give other buyers a chance to react and raise their bid.

You can read more here: https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-...2943427-Buying

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    15732 times
    Notice the letter says .45 Long Colt!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links