Refinished SAA
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Refinished SAA

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo View Post
    There looks to be 20 responses by a quick count here. All of which I agree with...even the "looks great". May be so, from 30+ feet

No one questions $5K is much, much too high. What do you think the gun is worth? I am really curious as to the highest number you would be willing to pay for this gun?

I am a big believe is asking the question.....hard to get anywhere without doing so. Just curious as to what you as a buyer think this gun is worth.
    At this point, I have decided that I am not going to make an offer on it. Making that clear, if he were to offer it to me for $800, I would probably buy it...
    "There is nothing permanent except change." - Heraclitus

Member #
    Liked
    15482 times
    Sevens I'm not trying to pick on you. Just my random comments on this gun only because the forum as a whole was asked an opinion. @ $800 likely there would be a good many prospective buyers for this gun. How ever I would not be one of them. But the value doesn't escape me. 1st Gen smokeless frame that has been IMO poorly refinished on a gun that was likely in bad shape when they started. Matching number trigger guard and back strap with the original hammer included.

Not that I would ever pay it for this gun...for the obvious reasons, 5.5", 38 Special, barrel change, likely a cylinder change. Not with standing this gun would likely sale for $1500 to $1800 easy enough.
    Rick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Cozmo, I don't take it as picking on me.

I appreciate your input just as much as everyone else that has commented. I only recently became interested in SAA and I have much to learn; which is why I came to the forum for advice. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    ersiii, Cozmo, MarshalC and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    What’s a zero between friends? I think if the owner really paid big bucks he would not have it collecting dust at a LGS. If I had a ten foot pole yada,yada,yada.

Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    What this gun may bring on a Gunbroker auction may surprise us all. They like to overpay whenever possible. I think 5000 is still way too high but 1500 to 3000 would be my guess. There is only one way to tell and that is to sell it and see. It is a one of a kind and there is no serious track record for a gun like this.
    This all started with one gun!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    966 times
    That engraving.... Yikes.
    MarkInTx likes this.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHamburger View Post
    What’s a zero between friends? I think if the owner really paid big bucks he would not have it collecting dust at a LGS. If I had a ten foot pole yada,yada,yada.

I tend to believe the story. It's coming not from him, but from someone who knows him well. He did have a lot of valuable guns that he put on consignment. Most of them sold quickly, but there are a few left that are way overpriced (the SAA being the grossest example).

Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    There's not much here to like , and a lot to have regrets over..

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Can you see pitting and pit holes thru the Engraving and finish? Are the grips real Ivory or bonded Ivory? Both will have a lot to do with the value. What is he asking for the SAA?

Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    Again, I'm not an expert but the grips do not appear to be real ivory. I also see what looks to be file marks on them and curves not smoothed as I think quality grip carving should be like. While the images are not crystal clear I don't see pitting on the barrel so my guess would be that the engraving was done after the barrel change.
    Sevens likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links