need help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: need help

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Jim Martin will probably be able to tell you what you bought. You should be able to find someone local who can do the same. For my money I would tell the seller that he misrepresented that Colt, if it is a Colt!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHamburger View Post
    Jim Martin will probably be able to tell you what you bought. You should be able to find someone local who can do the same. For my money I would tell the seller that he misrepresented that Colt, if it is a Colt!

I totally agree...if he will not give you your money back...then tell us who the "Whistleblower" is. My guess is, he knew exactly what he was selling you.
    Rick and MarkInTx like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1897 times
    Yep, you got hosed. Been there myself. Got nauseous every time I looked at the gun. Then I decided to chalk it up to tuition for the education I got. A plus was I kept the crooked SOB dealer out of the Colt Collectors Assn! He applied, I saw it and wrote a letter describing how he ripped me off. They sh-tcanned his application! Hah!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fmfdoc View Post
    I've got old eyes but isn't that barrel marked 32-20 (not 32 WCF) ?
    Your eyes are working fine my friend. I see the same thing. Had to enhance the photo to make sure.

Member #
    Liked
    1491 times
    Do you have an FFL or did you have it shipped to an FFL in your state so you have a record of the transfer?

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk View Post
    I paid cash and I have my curio and relic license so was able to take the gun home. Trust me I haven't slept at night for the last two days. The owner of the gun dealership is doing the Reno show this weekend so I have not been able to talk directly to him only store employees.
    Hi -

I'm going to the Reno Show this weekend. As it happens, having my own C&R, I'm going looking for a Colt SAA - preferably a 2nd Generation. If there's any message you'd like me to carry I'd be happy to oblige. If not, I'd appreciate a PM of the fellow so I can steer clear. Also have a home in OR, so depending on where he is (I'm in Merlin) I'd kind of like to steer clear there too. Or at least be real careful. Understand totally though if you'd like to keep things close to the vest. Hope all turns out well
    dsf

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I don't subscribe to the "It's a big boys game" theory. Yes, anyone who wants to collect SAA's should educate themselves. However, when a supposedly reputable "dealer" represents a gun as all original and without disassembly everything looks correct ...then I cry foul. I have had a painful lesson or two in this area and quite frankly steered clear of 1st generation guns because some of the fakes in my area are very hard to flush out. A cottage industry exits in the mountains of Georgia and Tennessee where high quality fakes are being produced. Right now I know where several of them are...I have even seen guns with a "letter" that turned out to be fake. I am not a dealer but before I would represent a gun as "all original" I would check it out closely, get other opinions and a letter. Or I would let the prospective buyer know that I'm just not sure and let them buy/not buy accordingly.
    My point is that IMHO all serious colt collectors should aggressively expose any "dealers" who have falsely represented guns as all original if they were not...in this particular case I think the OP should post the dealers name here and all over the internet as an untrustworthy dealer ( assuming he does not take the gun back). Anyone who holds themselves out as a dealer in 1st generation Colt SAA's should be able to quickly determine a fake vs authentic gun. It hurts us all when new collectors are taken advantage like this...no one wants to try to enter a collectors market where "buyer beware" and frauds are the norm.
    Rant over. Carry on.
    Last edited by ersiii; 11-14-2019 at 01:14 AM. Reason: typos

Member #
    Liked
    1167 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ersiii View Post
    I don't subscribe to "It's a big boys game" theory. Yes, anyone who wants to collect SAA's should educate themselves. However, when a supposedly reputable "dealer" represents a gun as all original and without disassembly everything looks correct ...then I cry foul. I have had a painful lesson or two in this area and quite frankly steered clear of 1st generation guns since because some of the fakes in my area are very hard to flush out. I have even seen guns with a "letter" that turned out to be fake. I am not a dealer but before I would represent a gun as "all original" I would check it out closely, get other opinions and a letter. Or I would let the prospective buyer know that I'm just sure and let them buy/not buy accordingly.
    My point is that IMHO all serious colt collectors should aggressively expose any "dealers" who have falsely represented guns as all original if they were not...in this particular case I think the OP should post his name here and all over the internet as an untrustworthy dealer. Anyone who holds themselves out as a dealer in 1st generation Colt SAA's should be able to quickly determine a fake vs authentic gun. It hurts us all when new collectors are taken advantage like this...no one wants to try and enter a collectors market where "buyer beware" and frauds are the norm.
    Rant over. Carry on.
    Well said and I agree 100%
    If they stated this is genuine and real they should stand behind it and own it
    Refund them and accept they falsely sold a gun at very high costs that was not as advertised or face the consequences of the lie and face the blowback of their deceit and lost sales and possible lawsuits and legal problems
    God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
    ersiii and BoSabbath like this.
    "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Member #
    Liked
    1131 times
    Was the dealer you bought it from selling other Colts or was his main area of business something else? The pictures you have posted are not the best but as most have said the gun does not look right but in the hands of someone not well versed in Colt Single Actions it could pass. It could be the seller really thought he had an original gun. The serial number is the most obvious thing I see at first glance. Go easy at first and see what he has to say. He may surprise you. It would really help you out to post some clear pictures, we could tell much better what you actually have. The more factual evidence you have can only help your case. Try taking pictures outside on a sunny day in the shade using a grey background.
    jringo8769 and ersiii like this.
    This all started with one gun!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    15732 times
    To play devil's advocate, the dealer can say anything but you had the gun in hand presumably as long as you wished. You can't ask for much more. The truth notwithstanding he's going to say he bought it (and is selling it) as legitimate. That could easily be the truth or it could be he found out his mistake and is just passing it on. Posting his name could be problematic even if it was allowed, which it isn't. As Rick said consider it tuition, we've all paid it. It's an expensive lesson but one that's hard to forget.
    mrcvs likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links