Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: need help

ctk

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

need help

I recently purchased a supposedly 1932 Colt SAA at the Wanenmacher Arms Show. Everything looked correct from what I could see at the show but of course I couldn't take the gun apart. After getting it home and disassembling for cleaning a whole bunch of red flags popped up. #1 the sear and trigger spring was the wire type. #2 the case coloring looked like it had some sort of varnish on it. #3 the markings on the underside of barrel were a mystery. I've tried to include as many pictures as possible. I paid alot of money for this gun after being told it was all original. Did I get ripped off?IMG_2414[1].jpgIMG_2423[1].jpgIMG_2417[1].jpgIMG_2440[1].jpgIMG_2436[1].jpg

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3381 times
    I don't like the number of that frame serial number at all. I saw a 45 x 7-1/2" minty saa late production prewar serial range gun with box at a recent show that I thought was totally fabricated down to the fake box. Hopefully you bought it from a stand up dealer and you can reverse the deal.
    mrcvs, Chaffee, Smokem and 3 others like this.
    Always interested in adding nice, original or interesting pre 1940 single actions to my private collection. Contact me via PM.

ctk

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

ctk

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    I would not worry too much about the varnish aspect...someone may have applied that to help preserve the case colors from oxidation and thus fading. Others should be along shortly to help out with other comments.

Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    What did it have on it for grips?

Does it have a removable firing pin bushing in the cylinder wall?

A picture of the other side of the hammer would be useful, to see the cam outline there.

It strikes me as rather "Armi San Marco"-ish.... with a Colt barrel and some marking work.
    Last edited by gazelle; 11-12-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    jringo8769 likes this.
    The web's most complete resource on
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    2565 times
    It looks like a cross pin in the hammer while the firing pin is attached thru the back of the hammer. The serial number doesn't look right. Of course it should not have wire springs in it.
    Last edited by ussmanlovede36; 11-12-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    ^ pilot hole on the back of the hammer for the firing pin counter bore is fine.... but is also a feature of some Italian clones.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ctk

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The grips were correct for the period. hard rubber non eagle w/ 4756 scracthed in both backs. It does have the removable firing pin bushing in the hammer wall. IMG_2416[1].jpgIMG_2435[1].jpg

Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    ^ looks like a proper Colt hammer

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links