SAA serial not in Colt site - new color case prob
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SAA serial not in Colt site - new color case prob

Member #
    Liked
    6522 times

SAA serial not in Colt site - new color case prob

OK, I think I read this happens. I'm trying to look up S87535A but it's saying "not found" in the Colt site. Can anyone help me figure out when this was made? I think recently, but don't have the numbers figured out.
    Last edited by azshot; 11-17-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1937 times
    2018 or 2019

"Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smokewagon and see what happens".
    NRA Life Member
    TGCA Member
    WACA Member

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    I have 2 brand new SAA's, just got em 2 months ago. Both start with S874XXA, one is a P1850 the other is a P1840. According to the QR code on the TG the P1840 is 08-12-2019 and the P1850 is 09-01-2019. Scan the QR code on yours and you'll know when it was inspected. Both, by the way, also come up not found on Colt's website. Too new to be added yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16216 times
    It’s real recent. I posted at the end of August that the new SAA’s that showed up new production locally to me were S87xxxA .
    Yours has most likely have to be the last two months.
    Last edited by what would you say; 11-16-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    6522 times
    Thanks, that what the guy told me. But it has some smudges on the frame case hardening. They looked like either factory grease or maybe some oxidation of the lacquer (if any is put on the case hardening). I asked the guy and unfortunately he walked back to his bench, sprayed some "gun scrubber" on it, and rubbed vigorously. Now the case hardening there is lighter, and splotchy. I would have stopped him, but thought he was just going to wipe some CLP or oil on it. Unfortunately, I now think I'll pass on the gun, he has it priced retail.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16216 times
    Yeah, that last SAA that I saw in August was not at my local shop. The guy took it out of the glass display.. half cocked it to safety check the cylinder and then lowered the hammer from there.
    It’s hard to stop somebody from doing something bad when you didn’t expect them to do it is what I’m sayin’.

I did see another more local to me. Didn’t have them take it out. Price was over $2500 and doesn’t include tax. No.
    Btw, it looked bad. Very dark colors. I’m hoping it was just dried grease, like Azshot wondered, but I’ve seen grease on a lot of new 3rds too and looked like oxidation in some areas. I don’t know what’s going on- it was the latest production gun too.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    6522 times
    Thanks for the help, and confirming you've seen problems too. I've actually seen about 3 now in the past few months that are new production. This one was a contender for my money, until I noticed the splotches on the right side of the frame. I just cannot see buying a $1900 gun that looks like this "new". I'm sure among the others there are some good ones, but not this one. These were taken AFTER he tried to clean.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1829 times
    Wow,that’s tough to look at. No words.
    COLT,finally a HANDGUN worth owning!!!
    Life Member NRA-1974
    Psalm 23 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing—-“
    I had a commission USNR from 71-77 but do not consider myself a Vet
    My Dad and his four brothers USMC,WW2,Korea,Vietnam were Vets

Member #
    Liked
    2563 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azshot View Post
    Thanks for the help, and confirming you've seen problems too. I've actually seen about 3 now in the past few months that are new production. This one was a contender for my money, until I noticed the splotches on the right side of the frame. I just cannot see buying a $1900 gun that looks like this "new". I'm sure among the others there are some good ones, but not this one. These were taken AFTER he tried to clean.

I've seen that on 3rd gens from around the 1980's. The frame not prepared right for the CC process? That's really poor quality.
    Cozmo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    When I , was a boy ,my mother told me often in the stores , look with your eyes not your fingers . Now that pistol is altered for the next buyer . I'm sure there was a lesson learned .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links