It's christmas eve... sort of....
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cozmo

Thread: It's christmas eve... sort of....

Member #
    Liked
    165 times

It's christmas eve... sort of....

Eagerly anticipating the return of my 1st gen from Jim Martin tomorrow. I really enjoy talking with him and was looking for a reason to keep learning something new from him, so I decided to send him my early 3rd gen for an action job, well it was more of a mutual decision. He said he would happy to take multiple guns for action work, which I want to do, but I dont want to abuse the privilage of his services.
    I have a question for anyone who might know and would want to give me advice. Does having an action job done to a brand new SAA void the warranty? That would be the only thing stopping me, at this time, from sending my brand new P1840 & P1850 with my early 3rd gen gun. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and thank you in advance for your input.
    Michael

Member #
    Liked
    15482 times
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Don't worry too much about abusing Jim. He's tough. If he didn't want the work he'd tell ya

Warranty? A search here will generally find Colt's warranty efforts dismal at best and they take their own time doing it. Time frames are many months generally and a year plus not unheard of. Yep voids the warranty but the gun and you will be better off having Jim do the work.
    Ugly likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Thank you Cosmo, you put it into perfect perspective. I fear that if I sent multiple guns it will lessen my time to interact with such an amazing man. I then might have to buy more SAA's to have him work on them (not a bad idea, unless you ask my wife). Like the beautiful custom shop 44-40 with the ivory grips I have been lusting after on GB. maybe you've seen it? With Christmas putting a hold on gun related spending I will only be able to send my early 3rd gen now, but after the new year I'll send him my brand new guns for action work, to hell with the warranty. And maybe, if I'm lucky, no one will scoop up that 44-40 so I can give it a good home. Thank you for taking the time to answer my post.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links