Has Colt increased production or just released a bunch of new ones they had?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Has Colt increased production or just released a bunch of new ones they had?

Member #
    Liked
    693 times

Has Colt increased production or just released a bunch of new ones they had?

I surf the auction sites regularly for no reason other than to do so. For the last year or so it seems most of the ‘new’ ones were in the blue cardboard boxes with white outer sleeve. Now in the last few months I’m seeing more and MORE brand new SAAs in blue plastic boxes. Different configurations, different finishes and different calibers.
    They all have the newer digital serial number tag on trigger guard and seem to be really fresh and recently made. I put a deposit on one. Called the seller on GB and spoke to him. Seemed like a really nice man and the price posted on GB was already far less than the others and he sweetened it by including free shipping. 4 3/4 Blue/colt case in .45.

Anyway it just seems like all the sudden the auction sites have a lot of new new SAAs.
    Were they sitting on these and finishing them up or did they ramp up production recently?

Here’s just one of them.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/854099253

Member #
    Liked
    7619 times
    Standard production...I haven’t seen any others THAT are truly new, that were not Custom orders, other than 45 Colt.
    Last edited by Kid Sopris; 01-23-2020 at 01:02 PM.
    NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    24082 times
    From what I see at my LGS, Colt seems to be increasing production.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2712 times
    None here locally.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I've noticed a few more online, but none locally. I read the comments here about the newest production 3rd gens having the SAA roll mark, but it looks like the gun in the link above has the standard Colt Single Action Army mark. Is that because a) it isn't a most recent production, b) they are using stock photos, or c) the SAA mark was limited to a small batch and has been discontinued (hopefully)?
    Last edited by Bronc; 01-23-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17454 times
    What I’ve been observing is the SAA’s release in batches.. I don’t know how many of course, but last year there was a run in 7-1/2 “. Last few months of 2019 up through now was 4-3/4”.

Colt went back to the blue plastic box for the SAA a while back. It might be couple of years now. I started a thread back when j noticed it. Called Colt and they confirmed switching. If you see a SAA in the S86xxx or more.. that’s fresh from the Colt stable.
    I’ve seen two at local shops and they went quick and more than MSRP. To me it seems like Colt is making more than than were... because it did seem like they stopped for a while but there’s a trickle that’s just slow enough to keep the sell price easily above msrp.
    Samgunslinger likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    634 times
    I have 2 I bought in Sept, S87XXXA late numbers. Both have the original roll marks, havent figured out the deal with the new roll marks yet. Colt is only making the new one's in .357 and 45Colt.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Most likely they are clearing out their last production run. I really wish they would increase production on ALL of the SAA's, and the bright stainless 1911's...both are VERY hard to come by.

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    Well I wanted one to shoot. And I figured I wouldn’t feel bad shooting a brand new one as XYZ years worth of somebody else keeping one like new only to shoot it would kinda bother me. But I hope these aren’t like 1911s? I haven’t even got that one and am already looking at an older nickel one. Doh!
    Bronc likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1396 times
    Definitely releasing more in the last year than in previous years. I am on just about every single online distributors wait list for every configuration of colt. For years it's been crickets, but now I get at least one notification a week that something is available. Some months I get several. They are usually gone before I get a chance to take it, but it's definitely a sing that product is moving out the door.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links