12 day turnaround on archive letter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 12 day turnaround on archive letter.

Member #
    Liked
    846 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYSITR View Post
    I sent for one 1/24....do they E-mail and bill credit card before sending letter? still wondering exactly how it goes...I ordered it from Paul himself on the phone
    I ordered mine via the website. They email you an invoice when the research is complete, then you pay. When you order online there is no payment page.

Colt Archivist

Member #
    Liked
    2864 times
    Just to clarify, the original poster's order was placed in December. He received the letter 12 days from when the invoice for the research was paid, not from when the order was placed.

Currently, we receive about 75% of our orders via the website and the rest via phone. Turnaround for a 1st generation SAA is about 30-45 days currently, and after an increase in our turnaround after our office move in late November, we are getting closer to about 90 days for research on all other models. Expedited services take a couple days to receive the information, and then about 2 weeks on the hard copy letter.

Our billing system has changed - we now send invoices by email, which are payable online by credit card. Once the invoices are paid, the letters are typed, proofread, and mailed (typically each Wednesday as we have a mail pickup scheduled, so if you pay on Thursday, it should be mailed the following Wednesday). Most weeks we are mailing between 100-150 letters, which means Beverly's carpal tunnel is slowly developing from signing :-)

Most information pertaining to Archive Services can be found on our new website, www.coltarchives.com.

Now that the new office is up and running, I hope to get back to being a much more regular contributor here soon!
    ei8ht, rcranch, Hootch56 and 2 others like this.
    Colt Archivist /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    / 860-554-8088

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibbyman View Post
    How much does a letter cost? I hear conflicting reports.
    You can see the prices on the Colt website. I believe it is $100 for a standard gun and $150 for a custom engraved gun.

I ordered mine entirely online and started the process in October. I just received the letter a few weeks ago.

Maybe the original poster's gun was already issued a Colt letter in the past and that is why the quick turnaround?
    Last edited by SDRider; 02-25-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links