1973 Peacemaker Centennial
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 1973 Peacemaker Centennial

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    I'm going to state the obvious. They are not the same guns. In the photo you took the serial number is 942 and the images in the auction show PC1056. Not the same gun at all.

IMG_2992.jpgIMG_2943.JPG
    Last edited by Agarbers; 02-23-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Agarbers View Post
    I'm going to state the obvious. They are not the same guns. In the photo you took the serial number is 942 and the images in the auction show PC1056. Not the same gun at all.

IMG_2992.jpgIMG_2943.JPG
    Thank you, this was one of the first things I noticed when receiving it and is going to be one of my main reasons for demanding a full refund, unless he can procure the gun show.

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Quote Originally Posted by awoychosky123 View Post
    Thank you, this was one of the first things I noticed when receiving it and is going to be one of my main reasons for demanding a full refund, unless he can procure the gun show.
    I'm sorry, not trying to be a dick but, once you saw the S/N on the gun you got was not the S/N on the gun advertised, why did you even mess with it? Why not contact the seller and request a complete refund or receipt of the gun he advertised???

Hope it works out for you.

Bob
    crsides, Walter Rego and Stefan A like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    853 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by awoychosky123 View Post
    I'm sorry, not trying to be a dick but, once you saw the S/N on the gun you got was not the S/N on the gun advertised, why did you even mess with it? Why not contact the seller and request a complete refund or receipt of the gun he advertised???

Bob
    That was my first thought.
    And I've been called a dick many times...lol.
    crsides likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    It sounds like you knew from the get-go that it was the wrong gun, so I'm trying to understand why you went ahead and took the gun apart, cleaned it and worked on the grips. IT WAS THE WRONG GUN!!! Now you're going to ask the seller to take it back. I don't know for sure if he pulled a bait and switch on you or not, but in my opinion, by doing what you did, you accepted the gun as your new toy.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerbob View Post

Bob
    The SN did not matter as much as the condition of the gun, I decided to clean it as there is a three day inspection period, and see what kind of condition it is in. Keep in mind this was shipped to my FFL which is just a guy in his house, and picked up Saturday, and today is Sunday, and I do not believe the seller opens til Monday so there wasn't much I could do but inspect it. Hopefully that shines some light. But no I do not think you are being a dick, as you have a valid, point. But what was I going to do leave in in my FFL's house? If the gun was good I would have kept it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Stinson View Post
    It sounds like you knew from the get-go that it was the wrong gun, so I'm trying to understand why you went ahead and took the gun apart, cleaned it and worked on the grips. IT WAS THE WRONG GUN!!! Now you're going to ask the seller to take it back. I don't know for sure if he pulled a bait and switch on you or not, but in my opinion, by doing what you did, you accepted the gun as your new toy.
    Sorry my fault guess ill just enjoy my new paper weight

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay I think I need to address the purpose of this thread was not to complain about getting duped or anything like that but rather, something that bothered my about the firearm that I was hoping to fix. Over the course of this thread, I did come to the conclusion that perhaps I should try to refund the gun, but that was not my original intent. I am sorry for the way this thread has gone and I shouldn't have posted. I have made my decision with what to do next and this thread can be closed thank you everyone.

Member #
    Liked
    17127 times
    Welp, as long as you're happy that makes three of us, you...me...and the seller!
    Rick likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Contact the seller and tell the Colt you paid for was not the Colt you received. Be nice and say you're sure it was probably a mistake that he shipped the wrong Colt. Say that even though it not the right firearm you thought once you cleaned it up you'd be happy. But after a good cleaning it still wasn't as nice as the one you purchased so you would like to ship it back for the correct one. In this case (as usual) you have little legal recourse so maybe it was a mistake and hope you'll refund your money. Still IMHO it's not a bad looking gun. The only reason I can think of for the gate not sitting flush is a weak spring, it's easy and cheap to replace.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links