1873 model was imported into Italy in the 19th century?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Luke Hannibal Smith
  • 1 Post By SHOOTER13
  • 2 Post By Rick Bowles
  • 1 Post By tony56

Thread: 1873 model was imported into Italy in the 19th century?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

1873 model was imported into Italy in the 19th century?

Hi, I'm new here and I'm really happy to take advantage of your knowledge. Do I take this opportunity to ask you if anyone knows if the fantastic 1873 model was imported into Italy in the 19th century? Thanks for your contribution
    SHOOTER13 and victorio1sw like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10725 times
    If you're asking about the Colt Single Action Army, thanks to various dealers, they saw wide distribution across the globe - if you're asking about any Italian distributors, you'll have to find references in your Public Library, by way of catalogs.

Member #
    Liked
    13432 times
    Bienvenido al Foro COLT !!

Disfrute de nuestra comunidad...

Sí, es posible que ese modelo haya sido importado a su país...

¿Tiene sin algunas fotos de su Colt SAA que le gustaría compartir con nosotros?!

victorio1sw likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Thank you very much sir. The problem is that we don't have a so old Public Library. For example I know that model 1851 was adopted from liberty troups (Garibaldi), but nothing about 1873 model

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Muchas gracias señor. El problema es que no tenemos unabiblioteca pública tan antigua. Por ejemplo, sé que el modelo de 1851 fueadoptado por las tropas de la libertad (Garibaldi), pero nada del modelo de1873. Lamentablemente no tengo un Colt 1873, tengo 2 reproducciones CattlemanEl Patron Uberti

Muchas gracias señor. El problema es que no tenemos una biblioteca pública tan antigua. Por ejemplo, sé que el modelo de 1851 fue adoptado por las tropas de la libertad (Garibaldi), pero nada del modelo de 1873. Lamentablemente no tengo un Colt 1873, tengo 2 reproducciones Cattleman El Patron Uberti

Member #
    Liked
    17133 times
    In 1873 the SAA was the newest, most powerful handgun available and it fired self contained cartridges. I imagine people all over the world wanted a Peacemaker and Colts wanted to sell them one!
    saintclair and jrm like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    byron bay australia: home of the east coast blue's festivle
    Liked
    505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Hannibal Smith View Post
    Hi, I'm new here and I'm really happy to take advantage of your knowledge. Do I take this opportunity to ask you if anyone knows if the fantastic 1873 model was imported into Italy in the 19th century? Thanks for your contribution
    read this luke, ive got one that according to family history was purchased new in Naples.

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/sin...vilian-sa.html

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Wow thanks a lot Sir, this was a fantastic scoop. I really appreciate your help!
    Last edited by Luke Hannibal Smith; Yesterday at 04:23 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2815 times
    I know that Italy bought a number of Colt M1849's in the late 1880's. Yes, that is correct - 1880's not 1850's! Not sure why.

Member #
    byron bay australia: home of the east coast blue's festivle
    Liked
    505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by victorio1sw View Post
    I know that Italy bought a number of Colt M1849's in the late 1880's. Yes, that is correct - 1880's not 1850's! Not sure why.
    I believe winchester took all the remaining stock of cap and ball and conversions,in 1882, completely cleaned out the warehouse according to breslin price book on the conversions.i have a type 7, that was shipped in that 1882 shipment to winchester.winchester had the means to sell world wide with good distribution outlets, so makes perfect sence italy said we will have some they are cheap.
    victorio1sw likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links