Sn # 61773
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vagabond88

Thread: Sn # 61773

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Sn # 61773

Hey everyone , Was just wondering I picked up a backstrap and trigger guard from #61773 . Was wondering if it shows up on anyone's SN list .Wonder what happened to the rest of it ? . It's a civilian issue . But it's in the middle of the "Keyes" revolvers . It's hard to read the calibre on the trigger guard , but I think it's 45 ...Larry
    victorio1sw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond88 View Post
    Hey everyone , Was just wondering I picked up a backstrap and trigger guard from #61773 . Was wondering if it shows up on anyone's SN list .Wonder what happened to the rest of it ? . It's a civilian issue . But it's in the middle of the "Keyes" revolvers . It's hard to read the calibre on the trigger guard , but I think it's 45 ...Larry
    I actually owned one of Capt Keys' replacement Colt SAA's. It was U.S. marked, and Henry Nettleton inspected. Mine had a frame number of 48xxx. It was later reconditioned as an Artillery, but both the BS and TG were in the Nettleton range and HN inspected. When found, the gun had been cut to 3", and many parts were missing. About a year after selling/trading it off, I saw that it was a Keys' gun. Old too soon -- Smart too late!!

Sponsored Links