Colt Single Action Army Forum Section PHOTO THREAD !
Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree5941Likes

Thread: Colt Single Action Army Forum Section PHOTO THREAD !

Forum Friend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13051 times
    It's time for 'show & tell' here about my .38 Colt SAA. About 20 years ago LGS had it for $600, most perfect all blue refinish I ever saw & perfect inside, like new grips. Shop's story it had been someone's hobby gun they had the barrel and cylinder changed and refinished. Not being sensitive about originality I bought it because it seemed to me as perfect as it could be under the circumstances, sharp markings, etc., and I'd rather have it than the $600. Typical safe queen till couple years ago I included it in a couple others & got it lettered. Surprise, surprise, it lettered 1891 & original .38 Colt ex-factory.

Like falling in love 2nd time, I sent the frame and barrel to Turnbulls & got the frame color-cased for $350. Now my re-newed rare scarce original .38 Colt SAA. Still no theory why it was ever refinished full-blue sometime back in the day.

Forum Friend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13051 times
    I posted this couple days ago & just found it the wrong thread --- so moved here where it oughta be.

My old survivor dating 1870s doesn't have a lot going for it but age. It does have a bright bore and proper function but the nickel, done back in the day, has quite a lot of iron showing thru in the wear areas plus the usual distress of use and abuse. Grips are two-piece held by a spacer block, quite a few little chips and nicks around the butt.

No history in that I got it about 1980 in trade at Baltimore gun show. With all its faults its one of my favorites, almost pairing up with another one not quite so old and in rust patina & wood grips.

Hopalong, Chaffee, Cozmo and 8 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    618 times
    THANK YOU! for the new thread on SAAs.
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well this is great! I just bought a Colt SAA through Guns International and now I find an SAA forum. I fear, however, that this may turn out to be an expensive passion...
    If you are close enough to pull someones' teeth you are close enough to be bitten...

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Only have one Colt SAA, in the NF version, chambered 44-40, and she's as of yet, unfired.
    Bought it new in the box from a 50+ year Colt Dealer; He was selling about 50 unsold in the boxes, SAA's and NF's which have been stored in the Gunshop's vault, commencing the late 70's.

Absolutely love this new SAA section, and I'll be acquiring another Colt SA revolver, when I can find one, or possibly, I'll order one from Colt's Custom Shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14119 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtStar View Post
    Only have one Colt SAA, in the NF version, chambered 44-40, and she's as of yet, unfired.
    Bought it new in the box from a 50+ year Colt Dealer; He was selling about 50 unsold in the boxes, SAA's and NF's which have been stored in the Gunshop's vault, commencing the late 70's.

Absolutely love this new SAA section, and I'll be acquiring another Colt SA revolver, when I can find one, or possibly, I'll order one from Colt's Custom Shop.
    Great looking New Frontier. Love the photo and your stocks as well!
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7607 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky1927 View Post
    Well this is great! I just bought a Colt SAA through Guns International and now I find an SAA forum. I fear, however, that this may turn out to be an expensive passion...
    You can say that again!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    My most recent purchase and only SAA just purchased today from Mike Bishop. This New Frontier won't ship until next week so I will use Mike's photos.
    COLT NEW FRONTIER .45 COLT REVOLVER, 7 1/2" BARREL, BLUE / CASE COLOR, WALNUT STOCKS WITH COLT MEDALLIONS, THIRD GENERATION 1978 CUSTOM SHOP PRODUCTION, IN BOX WITH PAPERS AND HANG TAG

6318.jpg63182.jpg63183.jpg63184.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    i will try and not screw this up , but i,m a retired marine and i simply engrave guns and the saa is my favorite subject. anyhow here is one i did last year . i hope the pics will look ok. john
    claudel, Hopalong, CSM and 21 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3699 times
    Good looking work John!
    Always interested in adding nice, original or interesting pre 1940 single actions to my private collection. Contact me via PM.

Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links