Default Thread Subscription Mode not working
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Default Thread Subscription Mode not working

Member #
    Liked
    4852 times

Default Thread Subscription Mode not working

This site function is no longer working, whether I access it via general setting under default subscription mode or from the drop down thread tools.

It is not functioning using both my smart phone or my PC. It has been set on "Instantly, using Email", forever, and is still set that way.
    I delete cookies in the smart phone at least once a month, and the PC does it automatically.

Please look into this and correct.

Thanks,
    Mike

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Testing

Edit: seems to be working for me. In what way is not working for you? Do you mean your default setting isn't applying when you post to a new thread?

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    4852 times
    That's it. I am not getting instant email notifications when I post in threads.

I did not get an email notification that you replied to this thread, Kevin. I didn't get notifications for the 4 pages of replies to the thread I started in the Lounge yesterday either.

I double checked my preferrences in general settings and it still shows Instant Email Notification just as I've always had it set. I even re- applied the setting by clicking "Apply" again.
    It is clearly not working for me, but is working for other sites.

If I hadn't revisited this thread I would never had known you replied.

Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    I've tried doing a reset of your settings from my end. Can you double check on this page and see what's recorded for your subscriptions?

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/sub...php?folderid=0

I'm also going to send you a test PM to see if that triggers an email notification. Narrow down if it's just one type of email that is failing, or all email types that are.

Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    4852 times
    The link to the subscriptions shows this thread and all the other threads that I've either started or posted in.
    But I did not get an instant email notification that you posted in this thread again or that you sent me a private message last night. Until I visited the site again this morning I didn't even know that you had posted or replied.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    I made a request to check our logs, and according to them, all notification emails are being sent out from our end.

There are 2 options to consider next.

First, double check your own email. Check any spam folders you have. If your email has a "blocked senders" list, double check our emails aren't listed, and if there is a "safe senders" list, make sure our emails ARE listed

Site emails are: [email protected] & [email protected]

Second option, if all that doesn't solve, is to contact your email provider directly about this. It's a semi-common thing that our emails get flagged and blocked by providers. With the volume we send out, and each email having multiple links, we tend to get flagged as a false positive for spam.

Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    4852 times
    The Colt forum does not show as blocked in the Spam folders on either my PC or my smartphone.

I am still getting instant email notifications from my provider from other forums with memberships of more than 250,000 members. Why would I keep receiving emails from forums that create an even higher volume than the Colt Forum does, but have only yours blocked or flagged?

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by Malysh; 09-23-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4852 times
    Per your suggestion, I checked with my provider and they said they do not block this type of email traffic.
    I also gave them the 2 email addresses you posted above. Neither email address is being blocked by the provider.

Thanks,
    Mike

Member #
    Liked
    4852 times
    Well, I did receive an instant email notification from a recent classified ad today.
    Thought I should let you know.
    I'll post a few comments in a thread in both the semi auto and revolver forums and we'll see if it's working.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Alright let me know.

And for why it would be us and not other sites, it could be as simple as someone reported our emails to a Spam prevention system. Some old user who didn't want to get emails anymore but couldn't be bothered to figure out how to turn them off manually, decided to report them as Spam. Not saying that is what happened, just an example of how it could have happened

kevin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links