Another Site Problem
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    4851 times

Another Site Problem

Admin,

I'm sorry to say I'm having another site problem.

The past few days, my smart phone is freezing up when I access the forums. I can choose the Forum from my bookmarks and it loads fine. I can choose a sub forum and it loads fine. But, when I get on the sub forums (all), I cannot open any of the threads. I cannot even refresh the page. The device just freezes up. I have to go to bookmarks and choose another website to exit the Colt Forums.
    I'm posting this thread on my PC because my smart phone won't work on the Forums.

As with my last recent problem, this malfunction is not occurring on other forums and websites using my smart phone OR my PC. This makes me think it is another Forum-driven problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Mike

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Hello,

What app and device are you using to access the forum? I would also recommend looking into clearing your mobile cache and cookies

-Gerrit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    4851 times
    I use a Samsung Galaxy s7 phone and a Dell PC with Windows 10 O.S.

I clear cookies from my phone about every 7-14 days using the device maintenance app in the phone. Windows 10 does it automatically. Chosing threads or sub forums on my PC is not freezing up my PC.

Gerrit, as I mentioned above, my phone is NOT freezing up on any other forums I am a member of.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4851 times
    Gerrit, after posting to your questions I went to the WTS sub forum and clicked on a thread and the thread loaded correctly and did not freeze up the smart phone browser.

This is the first time it's worked correctly in 5-6 days.
    Very strange!

I'll post back here in a few days to let you know if it keeps happening.

Thanks,
    Mike

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Hello,

Happy to hear you're able to access the site. In the mean time I will attempt to see if I can recreate the issue so I can try and find the bug and squash it for you. If you run into this issue again let me know, with as much information as possible so I can properly escalate it to our tech team for any fixes.

-Gerrit

Member #
    Liked
    4851 times
    Gerrit,

I'm still having the problem.
    I was able to get function a couple of times on Tues. But not since then.
    Anytime I click on a thread, it's freezing up the browser of my cell phone.

Thanks,
    Mike

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Which browser do you use with your phone? Been testing with Samsung and Chrome so far. Also, are you using the Enhanced Mobile View or the Desktop View?

Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    4851 times
    Kevin,

I use the chrome browser that comes in the android s7 phones.
    I only use the desktop views on all forums and BBBs. I started using the internet when there were only PCs. I've never got used to enhanced mobile views.

I should mention I noticed the smartphone browser freezing up while on 1 other forum, theakforum.net
    All the dozens of other forums load OK in the browser.

Thx,
    Mike

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Same software here and there, so that points to some error in the forum software, or an incompatibility with your browsers and the software.

Something I forgot to confirm early on, this is the page that freezes? https://www.coltforum.com/forums/forum.php

Kevin

Member #
    Liked
    4851 times
    No, never that page.

The browser freezing occurs after I choose a sub forum then click on a topic.

Sometimes I can click on a few threads and read them before the pages freeze, more often it's on the first selection.

This is very frustrating.

At least you were able to fix my instant email notifications, and I appreciate that.

Thx,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links