• 3 Post By guy sajer
  • 1 Post By oberon
  • 2 Post By PotassiumNitrate

Thread: Suggestion when locking threads

Member #
    Liked
    215 times

Suggestion when locking threads

I have a suggestion that I know would help educate me. How about posting a reason why when locking threads. It might keep someone else from making the same mistake. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    3163 times
    + 1

Member #
    Liked
    468 times
    Yup, started a thread that asked a question about a paper poster the other day, got locked after like 5 responses...still not sure why it went South??
    I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7413 times
    Yup, started a thread that asked a question about a paper poster the other day, got locked after like 5 responses...still not sure why it went South??

It was off topic which is the reason for most closures .
    Even so it was given 12 hours to run to get you an answer , "reproduction" , then closed .

The Lounge(443 Viewing)

This area is for discussions on all other gun collector related talk. Please focus topics on collector related subjects . NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS .

*****In memory of Robert McCrory / rhmc24 who blessed our group with his kindness , knowledge of firearms and shared his life experiences of over 9 decades . Thank you ! RIP Bob . *****
    Joel6180 likes this.
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Member #
    Liked
    468 times
    So by that logic, shouldn't most of "the lounge" threads be closed after 12 hours then. If the "stick to the issues" police are saying only about Colt-lots of S&W, Sig, Browning topics open for much longer than my "poster" question....just asking, not trying to stir the pot. Would like to know for future reference. Thanks.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7413 times
    Not sure I follow your logic . Browning , Sig , Winchester , etc are "on topic" in the Lounge .

This area is for discussions on all other gun collector related talk.
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Member #
    Liked
    468 times
    So in other words, if you wish to be on this site, regardless of the thread category you are under, if your post or thread is not gun related whatsoever, don't waste your time! Think I got it! Thanks.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7413 times
    Correct .
    Since 2006 our topic focus is Colt firearms , with other brands mixed in . Also categories for discussions regarding grips , stocks , parts , holsters , ammo , reloading , gunsmithing .
    Condition Yellow

Member #
    Liked
    9198 times
    If I recall, these issues are detailed in a sticky somewhere near the original point of entry to the forum, and are required reading.
    MarkInTx likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadColt View Post
    So by that logic, shouldn't most of "the lounge" threads be closed after 12 hours then. If the "stick to the issues" police are saying only about Colt-lots of S&W, Sig, Browning topics open for much longer than my "poster" question....just asking, not trying to stir the pot. Would like to know for future reference. Thanks.
    Hello 1BadColt,

There is a Supporting Members Lounge here in which your poster thread would be perfectly acceptable. I, for one, enjoyed it.

KNO3
    guy sajer and 1BadColt like this.

Sponsored Links