Scott, McDougall & Associates (SM&A) Colt Pony or Colt Pony Pocketlite wanted!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Diesel0074

Thread: Scott, McDougall & Associates (SM&A) Colt Pony or Colt Pony Pocketlite wanted!

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

Scott, McDougall & Associates (SM&A) Colt Pony or Colt Pony Pocketlite wanted!

I am interested in a Scott, McDougall & Associates (SM&A) Colt Pony or Colt Pony Pocketlite. I will be carrying this gun as a back-up at work. Please let me know if you have one for sale. Thank you.

-Taylor

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    24196 times
    I have never heard of an SM&A Colt Pony or Pocketlite. Can you give us details about this variant?

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I have only been able to find some archived literature on their outfit. They were gunsmiths up till circa 2002.

"Scott, McDougall and Associates (SM&A)" (colt380.com) for many years. FFL-licensed since 1970, we closed down SM&A in 2002 upon the serious illness of my business partner, Doug McDougall. Doug died, at the age of 40, on October 16, 2004.SM&A was a high-profile custom pistolsmithing firm that specialized in building premium pocket pistols based on Colt's .380 (Mustang, etc) & Pocket 9 pistols, as well as the NAA Guardian .32 ACP. We also built more than a few custom 1911-based pistols, some of which were used by major shooters in the eighties and nineties to win or place highly in some notable national/international matches. We were featured in numerous gun magazines in the nineties, including American Rifleman, American Handgunner, Combat Handguns, Guns, Guns & Ammo, Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement and a few others. We were listed as one of American Handgunner's Top 100 Pistolsmiths of North America for several years running. I was also an active gunwriter in the late 1990s and early 2000s and was published in several of the aforementioned magazines. I’ve recently had a couple of articles published in the online edition of American Handgunner.”

taken from:
    About Me

big_gus likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

Member #
    Liked
    22 times