F/S Price Reduced - Colt 1860 Army 4 screw US issued early 1863 with original holster
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: F/S Price Reduced - Colt 1860 Army 4 screw US issued early 1863 with original holster

Member #
    Liked
    743 times

F/S Price Reduced - Colt 1860 Army 4 screw US issued early 1863 with original holster

Selling off some of my antique collection to fund my automotive hobby and therefore we have here for sale my 100% original and all matching 1860 US issued .44 Army pistol.

Serial number # 31,372 made early 1863 has an early 4 screw and is all serial number matching incl the frame, barrel, cylinder, arbor, wedge, and grip strap. Grips have never been off the gun in the 10+ yrs I've owned it but are no doubt original by their fit. Left grip only is cartouched "PB" for Pomeroy Booth and this is absolutely correct for the #31,000 serial range per Pate's book on the 1860 Army (reference page 162). Grips are splendid in both condition and fit.

All factory marking are very pronounced and present. Pistol shows absolutely no sign of being buffed. Case colors have silvered on the frame but there is a trace of color remaining at the top and base of the hammer. The barrel address is excellent and the usually worn away "Engaged 16 May" roll script on the front edge of the cylinder is very pronounced as well as the cylinder scene itself. The cylinder does have several small spots of what I believe are blood pitting on it as well. I've had a few old timers look at it over the years and everyone has reached the same conclusion as me in calling it blood pitting. While its very minor and present on the cylinder only it certainly does add some mystery and intrigue to a genuine US issued Civil War pistol that undoubtedly served in that conflict.

Military inspector letters are present in several locations and overall mechanics are fine. Half cock notch is present and it goes into battery when the hammer is pulled all the way back. Included is an unmarked very early military style flap holster that came with the pistol when I bought it. Its no doubt period correct and has seen much use. The original bottom plug is intact and most importantly all the stitching is 100% original as well. It has a few tears with the belt loop being the most pronounced but its all original. It certainly does belong with the pistol.

Overall its an early Civil War all matching US issued 1860 Army thats head and shoulders above most of the junk I see selling for not much less.

$2450 shipped insured to lower 48. USPS money order as well as personal checks are ok as long as you don't mind waiting until it clears.

1st "I'll take it" here followed by a PM will own it.

Thanks, Ed
    Last edited by Dalfort; 05-11-2019 at 07:09 AM. Reason: price reduction

Member #
    Liked
    350 times
    Man I wish that was a Navy
    Amat Victoria Curam

Member #
    Liked
    743 times
    Bump for a reduction to $2450

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    791 times
    Any trades??
    "The past is never dead..
    It's not even past" - William Faulkner

Member #
    Liked
    743 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeGunner View Post
    Any trades??
    Hey Snake,

appreciate the inquiry but not really interested in trades at this time. One of my cars is coming out of mothball status and I'm looking for some cash to get it rolling.

Thanks, Ed
    jringo8769 and SnakeGunner like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1693 times
    Ed, what are you restoring ?

"Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smokewagon and see what happens".
    NRA Life Member
    TGCA Member
    WACA Member

Member #
    Liked
    743 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hearsedriver View Post
    Ed, what are you restoring ?
    Hey Cliff,

1973 Camaro RS

This one didn't need a full restoration and most of the big stuff that was needed (drivetrain, suspension, brakes) was done by me back about 8 yrs ago. Put over 6000 miles on her before killing the Muncie 4 speed a while back. TKO600 5 speed and Vintage Air a/c are in the works for the Camaro. Its been sitting since the Muncie died while I finish up a restomod project on my '69 vette and like most vette's they tend to leave you cash poor .

Member #
    Liked
    743 times
    Bump to $2350 shipped lower 48

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    515 times
    PM sent
    NRA Member

Member #