Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By Jimmy2Dogs

Thread: SALE CLOSED! 1944 Ithaca 1911A1

Member #
    Liked
    127 times

Exclamation SALE CLOSED! 1944 Ithaca 1911A1

This sale is closed!

I may post it for sale again at a later date.

All forum rules apply.

If you have questions about this pistol, send me a PM and I'll reply as soon as possible. Don't post questions or comments in this thread, please.

Payment accepted: USPS Money Order or certified check only.

FFL to FFL only. No C&Rs.

Will do face to face sale in my area for cash only. PM for details.

The first "I'll Take It" followed by an immediate PM gets the gun. All sales are final.

This is an Ithaca 1911A1 made in 1944. 1944 Ithaca production begins with serial number 1235000. This pistol's serial number places it within that time frame.

This pistol is one of a shipment of 1000 Ithaca 1911A1s shipped to the Topeka Army Airfield in Pauline, Kansas on April 6, 1944. Thanks to forum member eagleeye for that bit of information!

This pistol is not an arsenal rework or a CMP pistol. It has not been refinished. Rollmarks and stampings are crisp and clear, as are Ithaca proof/inspection stamps on both sides of the trigger guard. There is no "idiot scratch" on this gun. There are no arsenal rework stamps on the gun. This pistol is in very good condition. Slide-to-frame fit is very good. There is no rust or pitting anywhere on this pistol. There is a bit of finish wear on the front strap and some on the edges, which is to be expected with a pistol that's 75-years-old. This isn't anyone's safe queen. Ithaca 1911A1s are known for showing factory tool marks, and this pistol is no exception.

The High Standard barrel shows no signs of frosting or pitting that I can see. The Keyes grips show no signs of wear. Yes, this pistol has the ordnance stamp behind the right grip...it may not show up too well in my photos. This pistol comes with one WWII Risdon magazine.

I've personally fired this pistol using factory 230-grain FMJ from various manufacturers. The gun was designed to fire hardball. That's all I've run through it. It's as accurate as any other unmodified 1911 pistol I've fired, and it exhibited no malfunctions of any kind, using only the Risdon magazine.

Last edited by Jimmy2Dogs; 10-09-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    With Price Reduction for 1 Day Only!

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    EDITED not only does your post break the rules ... which you should read BTW ... it is also a very unsafe request for the seller to do.

OSOKILL/Admin

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links