Colt Offricial Police, WITHDRAWN

Member #
    Liked
    7501 times

Colt Offricial Police, WITHDRAWN

WTS According to Paul at Colt Archives the Colt left the factory as a Official Police on March 01, 1930 and went to H.D. Folsom in New York. (You know the city that makes Salsa...LOL). Sometime in 1934 +/-, the revolver went to Kings. The Official Police barrel was removed and a Tapered ďOfficers Model 38 Heavy Barrel ď was installed.

Along with this alteration was the King Mirror/ orange dot front Sight was added, and something even Paul hadnít seen was a Adjustable rear sight fitted into the sight channel of the Official Police receiver. A Target Hammer and Target trigger was added and a white spacer added in the grip panels to suit the shooter.

ďVPĒ left trigger bob and the letter ďTĒ stamped above serial number on Crane frame.

The owner that I received the gun from, was my Captain at Carson Station in 1976. He began his career with the Los Angeles Sheriffís Department on March 21, 1952 and Honorably retired as a Division Chief, (4th from the Top) on January 01, 1983. Chief Wheatley a close friend all these years, and lived a couple of miles from me, passed away in February of this year. But Jim failed to tell me where or how he obtained the revolver.. So now, itís all speculation, but he did have it it his entire career. Jim always remarked he couldnít hit the broad side of a barn from the inside, I think that must have been tongue in cheek remarks.

My personal observations after an extensive cleaning and shooting, is the gun is very accurate. Though it does work double action, itís not as smooth as the single action function. feels like I must have missed some varnish someplace. Jim stated the last time he had fired it was mid 1950ís when he made Sgt., and was transferred to Vice. Probably the last time he was in uniform. I know that after talking to surviving family members, Jimís father did not own the gun, best to their knowledge, but thatís not set in concrete. I refused to shoot the gun anymore. It deserves to be retired.

I know, Buy the Gun not the story... The Badge shown in the Pictures is not for sale or trade...NO MATTER your offering.

Previous discussions are here: https://www.coltforum.com/forums/col...al-police.html

Why is it worth ? well itís worth at least a dollar two ninety five and some change...But I am going to put an abstract price for purposes of complying with forum rules and to open PM discussion at ..Shipped to your FFL.. Colt Letter shipped separately but included in transaction. WITHDRAWN Thanks for looking....
    There is no Box, except a Plain white foam padded Generic Revolver box.

Donít hesitate to make an offer....I donít bite..
    Last edited by Kid Sopris; 12-19-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

Member #
    Liked
    7501 times
    Reduced from $2,500.00 to $2,000.00 Shipped to your FFL..
    NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

Member #
    Liked
    7501 times
    Now reduced to $1595.00 for limited time....
    NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7501 times
    Make me an offer I can’t refuse or offer a trade....Anyone ?
    NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links