Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing all these nice Lightning's getting posted prompted me to dig mine out and take some photos inside while the temperature outside has been nudging 116 deg's.
Made in 1892 its a 44-40 , its no show pony and looks like its been well used most of its life but they are scarce in these parts so happy to have this one
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glad to see others appreciate the Lightnings. Most these guns were bought as "tools" and were for use. Do you shoot it.

With 116 deg, you must be in Oz. strange for Perth to be cooler than the Eastern States.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to see others appreciate the Lightnings. Most these guns were bought as "tools" and were for use. Do you shoot it.

With 116 deg, you must be in Oz. strange for Perth to be cooler than the Eastern States.
Nailed it ! In Oz , i intend to shoot it as i have just found a company thats does 44-40 in black powder and they will be bringing some to the next gun show

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Skywalker, yep cant beat the look of these old girls , mine functions flawlessly still !
That's a great pair tranter, the Winchester is next on my list of must haves but alas in my parts they are scarce and expensive

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have a nickel 38, saddle ring, 1891 medium frame, 80%+. Very clean, good checking. Never even considered shooting it! Maybe I should. My phone just died, so pics have to wait.

Hard to beat the look of these. Give me a single action in 38 and this and I'm all set.

Oh, didn't mention. A balmy 50 degrees on Long Island today!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I also have a blue, 1888 44 cal, octagon barrel, medium frame. Never shot it either!

Maybe when my kids are done with college I can add to the family!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts