Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1851 Colt .36 Cal with Colt ball marker both with documentation under WIlliam Randolph Hearst Collection. I inherited the Pistol and ball maker from my Grand Father, and most likely will never sell it, but I wonder its worth based on its connection to William Hearst.
DSCF0520.jpg
Thanks,
SCW

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
With something like that auction at an auction house is really the only way to know for sure what it is really worth. I like and have 1851's, but even from the 1 photo you show I know that gun is out of my experience. Hopefully some one with more knowledge here will chime in. Can you post more pictures?

·
Registered
12,844 Posts
In my opinion, value would depend mostly on correctness/originality and how high a condition overall and possibly where in time the Serial Number puts it, and whether it is to be regarded as a Martial Arm or a Commercial one...with the WRH provenance probably not counting for much since WRH is not like say, 'Elvis' or General Patton or Teddy Rosevelt or other as-it-were 'positively' and energetically regarded figures of the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts