Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just handled a beautiful Cased London Navy. Gun is very nice, very clear Navy scene on the cylinder, wood grips, nice original box with the paper still on the inside lid,along with all the accessories. It's not new, but one very fine example. Any idea what's it's worth.
( I know, pic's, pic's pic's) but just a ball park figure. I know what the shop wants for it, just wondering what's your opinion.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have a Flayderman's catalog over 25 years old that lists a London Colt Navy with accoutrements, all in primo condition for $5,750.00! That should tell you something.
A note of caution: before you buy, you, or a knowledgeable friend should determine whether this gun is a London-London or a Hartford London. London-London's are assembled in London from parts made in the UK. Hartford London's are made in London towards the end of London production from a mixture of US and UK parts. The former is more valuable than the latter.
An additional note of caution. you should only buy the gun because you like it and not because it may be cheap and you can reap a significant profit from it. The only people who profit from antique guns are those who have spent years studying about antique guns. Those who just seek to profit from them usually get "took" by the myriad of unscrupulous gun traders out there. The antique gun trade, especially that part dealing in Colts is Caveat Emptor all the way!
Do you have any idea how many modern repros have been artificially aged and passed off as original? Can you count that high?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts