Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun shop in my area has for sale a Colt 1851 Navy. This is a second generation or reissue, the ones that were made up untill 1972 I believe. Asking 400.00.Gun is mint,box shows a little wear here and there.What do you all think on the price? Thanks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i think is a good deal. how is the case color on it. i have been look for one too. if you past on it. give me the phone # thank you frank

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Color Case is nice, the gun is in excellent condition. Emailed you with the particulars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
PJV, check out my post below. I just bought a mint 2nd Gen Navy and found the barrel to be crooked to the frame. This isn't damage - it was drilled and fitted wrong. I don't know what to do with the pistol, but want you to give yours a good eyeballing down the sight line to make sure the barrel's on straight. When looking down my pistol, you can literally see the barrel pointing to the right.

If the drilled one bad, they probably repeated the mistake. I've heard raves about these 2nd Gen black powders, but danged if I didn't get a dud.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DeWayne, this one is fine although I did not buy it.I had a problem like yours many years ago with a Colt .22 caliber New Frontier took it over to Colt's and they said "yea,it has a canted barrel.It's not a new purchased gun so there is nothing we can do about it".In talking with people today I believe there is a way of repairing guns like that. A good pistol smith would be able to tell you what can be done.Good Luck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
hey pvj
can you give the phone # of the shop for the 51 navy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tankerfrank
Just called to check on that 1851 Navy Colt for you. Sorry to say it is sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts