132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serial number 109,763
Can you help me on a Born date please thank you Terry

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts
I show 108518 being shipped April 1, 1963 to the New York arsenal in a shipment of 1000 guns and 112350 being shipped April 23, 1863 to New York Arsenal in a shipment of 1000. That the best I can narrow it down for you with out a letter. It looks like they were shipping about a 1000 guns a week at that time and I don't imagine they sat around the factory long.

Is it martially marked?

Reactions: 2horses

·
Registered
710 Posts
First date should be April 1, 1863, not 1963

Reactions: 2horses

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I show 108518 being shipped April 1, 1963 to the New York arsenal in a shipment of 1000 guns and 112350 being shipped April 23, 1863 to New York Arsenal in a shipment of 1000. That the best I can narrow it down for you with out a letter. It looks like they were shipping about a 1000 guns a week at that time and I don't imagine they sat around the factory long.

Is it martially marked?
Thank you for your reply.
It is very pitted, and very much worn.
As far as I can tell numbers match.
Was found in Mexico 4 decades ago, per story.
When you ask martially marked, can you elaborate please.
I'm sure there is no cartouche remaining on the hand grip.
Price might be really right if she is a C. W. Pistol.
Thank you, 1860
Other markings you need?
Terry

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts
Briefly, for the 1860 the revolvers shipped to the U S Government have letters(initals) stamped on all parts designating govt inspectors, and a final inspection cartouche stamped n one or both grips. Some commercial guns will have inspector stamped parts because colt never wasted anything but not the cartouche on the grips. The trigger guard on early commercial guns was silver plated while those on military arms was left un-plated brass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts