Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a friend who has a 1862 38 conversion, as it has been described to me. It is a cute little thing and that's all I know about them.

Finish looks original, lots of cc, bore and chambers are clean. Most of the varnish is on the grips.

Can someone give me a ballpark price, or maybe a range of prices. Looking to get a feel for what I may be able to get for it down the road.

Any other info would be helpful and appreciated.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
crsides: Not a conversion but produced as a cartridge revolver. "New Model Breech Loading Pocket Pistol" Most common of this era, with about 10,000 produced. Most were manufactured with left over 1849 Pocket parts. They were so successful that they made about 3500 from New Parts. Only configuration is as you see it. made in 38rf and 38cf. First shipment from the factory in November 1876. High serial numbers (6 digits) were made from left over 49 parts, low numbers, as this one, were newly manufactured. Offered in full Nickel and as yours with case frame and blued barrel. A small number were made with steel trigger guard and back strap, mostly for export to England. Hard to evaluate the true condition from the pictures, but I would say $600 to $750.00...........................Jim

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
They are seen as a simple pocket pistol without ejector or loading gate & similar but wth longer barrel, complete with ejector & loading gate; this one nickel plated, also .38RF, probably a conversion --

1 - 3 of 3 Posts