Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed up a 1878 colt double barrel 12 ga at the gun show last weekend for $600 bucks, not sure if i made the right decision or not. It was real ruff, but it looked OK to me. I can still get a hold of it if you guys think it's worth it for a small investment. The barrel had some dings on it and one of the hammers was soldered back together. I know how that sounds, i am not going to run to the range with it, i have just never seen one before. The wood was not refinished and looked nice along with the bluing.

·
Registered
12,274 Posts
You probably did right by passing on the shotgun. There is very little interest in the shotguns unless in really nice condition, and the seller's price reflects this. They aren't a lot higher now than they were 25 years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am new to the collector part of the hobby. Do you guy no any good books that will help me out with what and what not to buy.
The first book I'd get is 'The Book of Colt Firearms'. This will cover pretty much everything. If you want to specialize into specific guns, there are books that cover different models. Don't think there is a specific book on Colt shotguns though.

Also, if you're thinking of antique guns, get yourself a copy of Flayderman's Guide to Antique American Firearms. This has lots of good information on everything antique.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.