Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While not new to guns, or handguns, I've not gotten into SAA revlvers, although I have one.
It's a family piece, but I'd like to know some rough idea of value for ins. purposes:
7 1/2 barrel, one piece grip w/two piece back strap, .44-40, "COLT'S PAT. F. A. CO MFG. HARTFORD CO USA" on top of barrel (no other markings), all matching ser. numbers, no bluing left, fairly rough condition.

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
This SAA is a very desirable variation to collectors, and, as such, could be an extremely valuable gun-even in "rough" condition. However, the variables are numerous. In .44-40 cal., if the serial # is after 41K, the barrel should have the "etched panel" which you don't mention. If you want a ballpark figure on your gun's value, you would need to post clear and detailed pics and provide the serial # (with the last two digits x'd out). Ultimately, you'll need to have it appraised by an expert such as John Kopek in California if you want more than an educated guess. -Asa

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry-I misspelled his name: it's John Kopec. Google his name up and you'll get his website. If he can't help, he'll let you know who can. -Asa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts