Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I become, increasingly, a "purist", anything not 100% original is bothersome, but this is a lovely acid-etched revolver, which, in these two photographs, appears correct in all respects (unless you have really good vision and/or recognize the "problem":

Attachments

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The "problem" is, of course, the refinished hammer. I guess I shouldn't complain too much because this was purchased from a reputable seller, and it was 'almost' fairly priced, before I got 20% off as a Black Friday sale. Refinished hammer not evident in photographs posted by seller, and not overly evident in my photographs, either. Any streaking noted is from Renaissance wax, and is this not permanent blemishing.

In the end, I think I did make the right decision to keep this one, as this one does not belong on the rubbish pile despite this insensibility to "purist" ideals. And, the seller did agree to pay for return shipping if I did not want to keep this one. This is a nice revolver...

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think its beautiful :)

·
Premium Member
20,528 Posts
It seems odd that the letters in the CFSS legend have almost full blue on them while most of the blue on the barrel is missing.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems odd that the letters in the CFSS legend have almost full blue on them while most of the blue on the barrel is missing.
Terry,

It's actually a nickel gun. Bad photographs...

What you are seeing is 75% nickel, and where you see "blue" is where the nickel has flaked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts