Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one again. I was adding a couple stitches to the main seam toe of this holster i made 30 years ago and took a shot of it for the hell of it. This cut down 5" .44 from 1890 could have been carried in a holster like this in the early 20th century. This is before the restitch. I used this holster a lot and it looks it. the belt is much newer.

·
Premium Member
18,986 Posts
Matt, Looks like a movie star's holster/belt rig! Nice work on it! Hard to believe it is 30 years old.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a close up. i didn't know about border stamping around the tooling that is the usual way to do western belts and the flowers are a type I haven't done in years and very crude. This holster was brown with two loops, then black, then finally modified with the one oval loop and studs. I sold this 1990 gun to buy a 1st generation SAA and didn't regret it.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
This one again. I was adding a couple stitches to the main seam toe of this holster i made 30 years ago and took a shot of it for the hell of it. This cut down 5" .44 from 1890 could have been carried in a holster like this in the early 20th century. This is before the restitch. I used this holster a lot and it looks it. the belt is much newer.

A fine-looking lefty holster! You did the carving too, I see. Makes for a nifty shooting rig.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, everyone. Back when I made this holster I also had a S&W breaktop .44 Russian Double Action and it fit perfect. I acidentally made it kind of roomy in the the trigger guard area, My '78 fit's it better than a single action.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts