Colt Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
i am new here. I recently received an 1891 Colt SAA revolver and an 1877 Colt Lightning (mfg 1886) as an inheritance. I do not know much about these, so i took them to a local gun shop and he would buy them from me for $1300.
But I figured i would come on here and get your opinion on these. The 1891 does come with a colt letter.
I would appreciate any feedback thank you View attachment 767215 View attachment 767216 View attachment 767217 View attachment 767218 View attachment 767219 View attachment 767220 View attachment 767222
I agree with all the comments made previously. My advice? Mount them in a shadowbox, hang them on a wall, enjoy them and remember the person who left them in your care. Stay away from that dealer except to purchase ammunition.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Now that was a great inheritance! Two great old guns with evidence of lots of use and wear and tear! One thing that I did not see mentioned is that the M1877 is the "Sherrif'f's" or "Storekeeper" model. Lack of an ejector rod and housing is the giveaway. Actually, I think they are less common than the ones with the ejector parts! If the 1877 works properly in both single and double action then you got a good one. As mentioned above, the store offer was waaaay to low! Enjoy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
As stated several times in this post take your time to visit with knowledgeable people you can trust and learn exactly what you have. As with all antique guns you need to be able to evaluate the firearm in person to determine originality and true condition. Regardless, the offer you were given is considerably under the market value for this pair of Colts. Good luck.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts