Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1901 New Army that went to Ft. Leavenworth Ks. i recently sent to auction to have sold WITH Colt letter and Ft. Leavenworth Ks Army ledgers of who signed on behalf of the army to receive the Colt in question The Colt in question has NOT been auctioned off YET. The house in question came back and said that their experts felt that the pistol had been reblued.

i'm putting some pictures of it and would like to have some opinions from the community to see if ya'll are of the same opinion. Ty in advance for your knowledge
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood
Input device Gadget Font Cable Camera accessory

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has wear, and damage, and the edges appear soft, yet the bluing is not worn to match. It looks 100% like a re-blue with the photos provided.
if reblued with factory letter and ledger confirming who within the army signed for its receipt from colt in a small shipment approx 248, what would it be worth? just curious ty.

· Premium Member
2,901 Posts
I recommend looking at completed auctions on Gunbroker to see what they are going for. I am guessing not a lot to a collector. Along with the refinish, the grips look to be replacements as the metal wear doesn't match the grip's wear. Locations that have a ding in the metal edge should have a ding in the wood. They don't. The wood looks much newer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts