Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of 1902s that I'd like to have valued. I know it will be higher state side but at least it would be a starting point. One is ser. no. 32XXX and the other 43XXX which dates at 1909 and 1927 respectively, this from Sam Lisker's pages. If anyone's got interesting info on these babies I'd appreciate that, too...like how far into production did they stop using the slides with the front serrations?

[image]
[/image] [image]
[/image]
Thanks all and Cheers
Blair

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am no expert but I have done some looking when I was interested in buying one. Any wear will lower the value for collectors. The top pic shows some wear to the stocks and grip frame. The bottom pic shows much less wear in the grip area. The top would sell over 1000USD. The bottom is in better shape, it might go closer to 1700. I never did buy one since I could not find one in good shape for shooting at a price I wanted to pay. I know nothing about the demand for them in Canada. I have imported a rifle from Canada so it is possible that these could be sold in the US.

Maybe someone more knowledgable folks will reply to the thread, my reply is a WAG based on my shopping around.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You could almost double that if they are not reblued.I see the hammer still has case hardening on them.Anyone who will pay these prices will pick em to death though,so you got to know for sure they haven't been reblued,as a lot of these old autos have.Also the time of year the gun will be sold and how it is sold makes a big difference.If you really want top dollar then try to sell them at a top auction house,or as some are finding out,,,,,GunBrokers.com,,,,sell them around March 1st for top money,when people get their tax refund money in.You could also bring them to Wanamacher gun show and find people there who come for just such guns.It aient nothing for people to drop $10,000+ on a gun.I seen it more then once.Lots of BIG money gun deals going on in Tulsa Wanamacher shows.I'm sure those that have experienced it have their stories to tell.I take the day before off from work on set-up day,and leave when they run me off,,he he.Then it's like I'm on a sugar high for three whole days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts