Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 1903 Colt 32 rimless smokeless, pocket. type I Sn 36**

It looks to be in really good shape, and original. Very little of the blueing is worn off from being in a bank bag for a long while. It has been fired, but not known how much. I got a partial box of old Peters ammo with it. ????

Anyone have any idea what this gun might be worth?

I would include a picture of it, but do't have my camera here at the station. Pic will follow.

truck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Value can be anywhere from $200 for a rough one, to $500+ for like new condition. It all depends on % of blueing & finish.

They are nice shooters and carry guns if not in high-quality collector condition.

I think the .32 auto is often under-rated as a self defense cartridge. I've carried one of these for years, and felt very safe.

Enjoy your new acquisition.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Value can be anywhere from $200 for a rough one, to $500+ for like new condition. It all depends on % of blueing & finish.

They are nice shooters and carry guns if not in high-quality collector condition.

I think the .32 auto is often under-rated as a self defense cartridge. I've carried one of these for years, and felt very safe.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this one is in really good shape. If you go by the percentage of bluing that isn't off it's at least 95% I'm not exactly how that is judged. I know it is original blueing. I may take it to be appraised.

I'll take some pics of it and try and post them tomorrow.

I bet it would make a good carry gun.

And what happened with the multipal posts?? lol

truck

[This message has been edited by truckco (edited 02-29-2004).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Value depends by location of course like everything. I picked up a couple of 90% guns of that model last year in CA for about $400 each, both perfect mechanically and great shooters just had some blue worn off. Sold one and thinking of having the second re-done in Robar for fun. On the other hand there is a local dealer who has one, or did last week, new in box and supposedly unfired for $800.

I can't speak as to how they are as self defense weapons being that this is CA but I wouldn't want to get shot by a .32 either, they are fun & reliable shooters. Enjoy

Simon

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts