Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
This one is a very hard one for me. It was picked up and represented as a refinish. I am starting to question this..
Hi Mark, it's factory engraved in the style used at the time, but I'm fairly certain it's been refinished. In 1912, this would have had a high polish finish and fire blue trigger, thumb safety and mag release. Here's one of my factory engraved Colt 1908 .380s in original condition for comparison:

Still a nice gun and factory engraved examples in any condition are getting tough to find.

Congrats!

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mark, it's factory engraved in the style used at the time, but I'm fairly certain it's been refinished. In 1912, this would have had a high polish finish and fire blue trigger, thumb safety and mag release. Here's one of my factory engraved Colt 1908 .380s in original condition for comparison:

View attachment 737124

Still a nice gun and factory engraved examples in any condition are getting tough to find.

Congrats!

Sam
Thanks Sam.. I am very happy having this even as a refinished example..

·
Registered
431 Posts
Beautiful COLT to own. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ei8ht and Bigl1911

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
You may want to get a factory letter and that will certainly let you know. I bought this one knowing it was not factory but really liked the engraving:

The engraving is a classic style, and to my untrained eye looks to be very well executed. Your photos piqued my interest...tell us about the grips, please.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts